Latest post Fri, May 1 2020 2:40 PM by Pat Horridge. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 1 2020 11:54 AM

• nigelad
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London UK
    • Posts 554
    • Points 6,445
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

Export options?

I'm trying to remotely support a student using the Catalina beta. We discovered the QT export options don't exist, so I advised an Op1A mxf export that he then uses Adobe ME or VLC to convert to mp4 for online sharing.

He used Symphony to CC and we are seeing oversaturated colour in the mp4 conversions.

Are there better ways of exporting for vimeo and/or avoiding this problem in the beta?

Thanks

NigelPost 

ISIS 5500, MC 18.12.7 & PT 18.12 on Mac OS 10.12.6 & 10.13.6 with BMD Mini-Monitors, UltraStudio 4K and AJA T-taps. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 1 2020 12:21 PM In reply to

Re: Export options?

If he re-AMA links his export back into MC and ensures no color adapters in source setings have been applied (and if they have remove them)

He can then see if that "looks" the same as his timeline content.

Are you sure he;s not over cooking the color correction?

Normally the issue on exports is not mapping legal/studio levels to full range but that produces washed out de-saturated levels.

By now he should have moved to 2020.4 and he could then use the UME MOV export to produce H264s directly.

I'm happy to jump on a remote zoom session to assist if that helps.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Fri, May 1 2020 1:28 PM In reply to

• nigelad
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London UK
    • Posts 554
    • Points 6,445
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply - and your kind offer of assistance Big Smile
    I didn't know know there was a stable release for Catalina with .mov exports.

The students aren't very experienced technically and I'm frankly amazed we got MC to work - on a Macbook Air with 8GB RAM! I did a remote session with him but it was painful as we ket getting beachballs - it felt like a 1 click per minute workrate Sad

I've also had to remind him to close all other apps while using MC, which miraculously cures several error messages Wink

I thought the problem was scaling to full levels - player apps all do this automatically when using video codecs, so it's a no-no on mac exports anyway. However there's no options for this when exporting OP1A.
    I can suggest updatingto 2020.4 once I've checked the readme.
    I'm still on 18.12.7 because 19.x course materials weren't ready back in October.....

regards

Nigel

ISIS 5500, MC 18.12.7 & PT 18.12 on Mac OS 10.12.6 & 10.13.6 with BMD Mini-Monitors, UltraStudio 4K and AJA T-taps. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 1 2020 2:40 PM In reply to

I've delivered the 2019 course material twice now and its ok. But its for 2019.6 so doesn't include many of the new changes.

I just cover them all manually.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller