Latest post Fri, May 1 2020 9:52 AM by ripvanmarlowe. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 30 2020 2:17 PM

Better way to merge corrections in CC mode?

Currently, if I wish to merge a correction from one sequence in to another using the "Merge Correction" feature in the CC module, I have to come out of CC mode to source record mode, drag the sequence in to the source monitor and then go back in to CC mode and apply the correction. Is there any way to do this without leaving correction mode? 

If not, I'd like to see a feature something along the lines of: drag my corrected sequence over the centre window of CC mode and have this bring up the option to merge. Currently it seems counter intuitive to have to leave CC mode and then go back in.  This would save a few valuable keystrokes.

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.11 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 1 2020 8:49 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 727
    • Points 9,100

Re: Better way to merge corrections in CC mode?

ripvanmarlowe:
    I'd like to see a feature something along the lines of: drag my corrected sequence over the centre window of CC mode and have this bring up the option to merge. Currently it seems counter intuitive to have to leave CC mode and then go back in.  This would save a few valuable keystrokes.

True, it would save a few keystrokes, but how often are you going to be merging corrections between timelines?

Most of us would like Avid to improve those types of operations that that have to be repeated hundreds of times a day.

Given all the other things that sorely need updating in Avid's CC/Symphony colour tool, I think most users would want those addressed first. 

The reality is that the CC tool is rapidly becoming end-of-life for any serious work, and many of us are turning our attention to Resolve or the Baselight Editions plugin.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 1 2020 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: Better way to merge corrections in CC mode?

Bruno M:
    True, it would save a few keystrokes, but how often are you going to be merging corrections between timelines?

I do this upwards of 20 times a day. It all depends on what you're doing Bruno! 

I totally agree with you though. One of the reasons so many of my posts recently have been about Avid's CC functions is that I am having to online multiple (many hundred) VTs, all upwards of 6 (totally different) cameras in Symphony. It has really brought home how truly inefficient and basically, plain rubbish, Avid's CC is compared to the other offerings. Avid is in real danger of having nothing to offer other than basic editing functionality which others are rapidly catching up with and they seem to spend their time and resources doing things like redesigning the project window (badly I hear) and renaming codecs. 

I appreciate that they had a lot of work to do with Catalina compatibility and do not have the same resources as the other big media companies but I hope that that is over now and they can start properly fixing things within MC. Sample based sound editing needs to be better, the CC tool needs to be better in so many ways, the tracker and stabilisers needs vast improvements, the title tool, etc etc. They have got in to a really bad habit of partially solving a problem (subframe audio, shape-based CC) and then just leaving it as if it was finished. But they are not finished, they need improving. Too many of the release notes recently have just been bug fixes and things like "you can change the font on a menu" or something. 

Prores export on Windows is the sort of thing I want to see more of. Big improvements which are actually really helpful and not minor cosmetic tweaks.  It's not enough to just hand off what should be core functionality like CC to 3rd party plugin vendors.  Aaaaaand now I'm ranting again!

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.11 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller