Latest post Wed, May 20 2020 8:56 PM by Marc-Jan. 84 replies.
Page 5 of 6 (85 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 27 2020 5:20 PM In reply to

Re: release date MC 2020

it syas Catalina qualifiyng is 10.15.x 

what does that mean exactly? 

They are up to 10.15.4 does that one work? or should we do 10.15.3 ? 

• Mon, Apr 27 2020 5:40 PM In reply to

It should mean it works on all 10.15 versions. But I normally play safe and stick to the OS that was current when it was release as Avid will have tested it on that.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Mon, Apr 27 2020 6:15 PM In reply to

• Mark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 18 2008
    • Hollywood
    • Posts 22
    • Points 375

Marianna:

Its very easy to be rude and disrespectful online....... my phone # and email are listed everywhere.  If you really wanted to know you could pick up the phone or email me.  Guess you just wanted to complain online which IMO is dysfunctional.

Marianna

Thanks for the reply!

I can only speak for myself, but what really frustrated me (including those already mentioned) is that even during these 4 months there was no option to put a pause on the annual sub. And I think people who are in the same boat felt the same way. (Hence the post about a partial refund or partial extension of our subs.)

For some of us, the old systems were not an alternative to go back to, so we had to jump through hoops to make things happen in the meantime which was everything but convenient.

Anyways, the new update seems to work fine.

Late 2019 Mac Pro 16c. DUAL Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 2 TB SSD Apple AB [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 27 2020 6:52 PM In reply to

Buzzkill:

Much respect to Job & Dom, for dispensing their deep knowledge & experience with dignity for many, many years here...

Excited for 2020.4!!

Thanks so much Buzzkill, but there are many others out here! And let's not forget the great folks behind the scenes at Avid. Hats off to them for getting this release out the door in these strange times.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 27 2020 7:02 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,460
    • Points 234,160
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Robert Goodman :

Hi Robert

The only caveat is the note on long copying of files.   Catalina 10.15.4 has an issue there and app's like MC will hang.  As long as you dont do that, you are fine on 10.15.4

Hope you are well.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 27 2020 7:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,460
    • Points 234,160
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Mark,

As i said before, I dont see each and every post... on not possible with 25 forums and 12 Facebook pages amnd 2500 emails a day.  

The webstore team has been assistng those with subscriptions due to COVID hardships but if you dont create a case and ask, then..... no answer.  If you have a license and it is valid, then you could have requested a temp license and asked for the sub to be suspended.  

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 27 2020 8:22 PM In reply to

• tdalauro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 13 2020
    • Posts 25
    • Points 270

Downloaded the 2020 version - thanks guys!!

I have a question now though and maybe this is the wrong palce for this question but  ....

I tried to open an existing project (from 2018.9) - and everything is offline. Not sure why.  Any tips as to what to check and loom for to bring everythign back online?

• Mon, Apr 27 2020 8:45 PM In reply to

Where is the media stored? If on your system drive, check this release note:

Avid MediaFiles Folder LocationWith the release of macOS v10.15.x, you cannot write media to the root of the boot drive. Therefore, the default location for the Avid MediaFiles folder has changed with this release.

You can now find the Avid MediaFiles folder in the following locations:(Windows) drive:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer(macOS) /Users/Shared/AvidMediaComposer

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 27 2020 8:56 PM In reply to

• tdalauro
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 270

Hi, Job - no, it's all on a external drive  Avid media files>MXF>1 

I just moved the drive from one computer where everything is online - to my Mac with the new version and everything is offline. I am wondering if it has something to do with the DNx145 issue or a Quicktime update? 

• Mon, Apr 27 2020 9:01 PM In reply to

I would first try to see what happens if you delete the msm.db file from one of your mediafiles subfolders.

It could only be an issue with QT if you were AMA-linking to any of this media. If native MXF media, QT has nothing to do with it at all.

• Mon, Apr 27 2020 9:12 PM In reply to

• tdalauro
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 270

Yeah, I tried that - closed Avid.. deleted the pmr files and re-launched - still all offline.

• Mon, Apr 27 2020 10:35 PM In reply to

• Buzzkill
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 64
    • Points 900

Did you try relinking clips?

MC 2020.9|10.15.6|MacPro 16c|96gb|Pro Vega 2|Kona 5|Pegasus32 R8,R4i|Prism ADA8XR|XDR,LG 24MD4KL,Sony PVM2541 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 27 2020 10:47 PM In reply to

• tdalauro
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 270

buzzkill, yeah that's what I started doing - I realized that half of the project was loking at drive "E" when it shpould have been looking at drive "F". 

So slowly getting it back online, piece by piece - seems to be working though.

Thank you for the suggestion!

• Mon, Apr 27 2020 11:04 PM In reply to

• Buzzkill
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 64
    • Points 900

Oh, good, good! I know, sometimes you gotta take the slow road but you should be able to link full bins at a time and you'll be locked-in afterwards! 

MC 2020.9|10.15.6|MacPro 16c|96gb|Pro Vega 2|Kona 5|Pegasus32 R8,R4i|Prism ADA8XR|XDR,LG 24MD4KL,Sony PVM2541 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 28 2020 1:11 AM In reply to

Marianna:

Robert Goodman :

Hi Robert

The only caveat is the note on long copying of files.   Catalina 10.15.4 has an issue there and app's like MC will hang.  As long as you dont do that, you are fine on 10.15.4

Hope you are well.

Marianna

thank you Marinana - safe and sane! Iwent ahead and used 10.15.3 just to be safe and so far so good! A couple little issues where I had to relink some AMA clips but other than that shes feeling solid! 

Page 5 of 6 (85 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller