Latest post Thu, Mar 26 2020 3:28 PM by pierreh. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 24 2020 6:39 PM

• acbrock
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 159
    • Points 1,920

Partition or Single Drive?

Hi, as we scramble to try and keep working we are buying HDs to work offsite.  It is faster/better to partition out a 50 GIG drive to match our Nexis 10 partitions all random sizes?  Or would it be better jsut to run it as a 50 Gig drive with 1 Partition and 1 MXF Folder and just change all the names of the folders inside?  Or is there a way to have Multiple Avid MediaFiles Folders or MXF OMF Folders on the same partition?

Thankk!

AB

• Tue, Mar 24 2020 6:59 PM In reply to

• acbrock
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 159
    • Points 1,920

Re: Partition or Single Drive?

Also 2nd Question is the a simple one button transcode to drop an entire show from DnX115 to DnX36?

• Wed, Mar 25 2020 10:36 AM In reply to

Seperate partions are going to be more robust for sure. Get a crash or similar and you may (unlikley) lose one partition.

That said the risk is relatively low.

No one step but you can drag each MXF folders database file into a new bin to get a list of all the clips in that folder and then batch background transcode them to a different partition.

But note the newly created dnx36 files will have the project name emebedd of the project name used to create them. If you use project names in media tool to manage media this needs to be considered.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, Mar 26 2020 3:28 PM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,259
    • Points 15,180

Not sure, if the drive fails physically, you'll loose all partitions. [:'(]

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig RAM, Mojo DX, 10.14.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller