Latest post Thu, Mar 26 2020 10:06 AM by Bruno M. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 23 2020 5:29 PM

• dew
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 566
    • Points 7,245

workflow with multiple effects question

Just looking for some advice or insight on how some of you would handle this edit. I have a 2 camera edit I put together in mulitcam. For one of the camera I needed to apply a 3d warp to correct some things. I also had to make a copy on to add to track 2 and use animatte to mask some things out. I now need to do some color correction to those clips. I was trying to figure out the easiest way to go about this.

My thought is to add the CC on track 3 (filler) but I would have to add a in and out point to each clip seperately then add the CC effect. Other option would be to step in to every clip to do the CC which also seems tedious.  Am I missing a easier way to apply CC to the clips I have added the animatte and 3d warp effect to? I can't just select all those clips and double click on the CC effect from a bin. just looking for thoughts on how some of you would go about this. 

I hope I explained everything clear

• Mon, Mar 23 2020 5:52 PM In reply to

Re: workflow with multiple effects question

I presume you don't have the Symphony option?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Mar 23 2020 9:32 PM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 566
    • Points 7,245

No I don't. It would be nice if Avid improved on MC color correction though. A quarantine promo to symphony would be nice Avid. Just saying..

• Wed, Mar 25 2020 8:19 AM In reply to

• Jakub V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 24 2012
    • Prague
    • Posts 21
    • Points 215

Hi,

and putting CC on V2 track wouldnt do the job? I thought it will affect both V2 and V1 (even though you put some animatte on it).?

Media Composer 8.8.1, Win7 SP 1 HP Z210 Workstation - Intel Xeon CPU E31240 3.30GHz, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M2000, Realtek High Definition Audio, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 26 2020 10:06 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 661
    • Points 8,260

Not tried this myself but...

Could you quickly bring this camera media into Resolve, create the required grade and export it as a LUT?

Bring this LUT into MC and apply it to all the 2nd camera master clips.

Of course, this would only work if the grade was identical for all the camera clips.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller