Latest post Thu, Mar 5 2020 3:39 PM by Bruno M. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 2 2020 4:29 PM

Some Blank Subcaps After Import

Hi all,

I've been given .stl and .txt files of subcaps with 491 captions in total (the captions are the same; I asked for both in case one didn't work). I don't know how they were generated. When I import them into Media Composer 2019.12 using the SubCap effect's Import Caption Data function, I see a little message at the bottom of the import dialog box that says '491 captions will be spliced in', and after a moment they all appear at the timecode they're supposed to.

The problem is that the vast majority of them are blank, and I can't figure out the difference between the few that are working and the many that aren't. I've attached a screen shot showing the .txt file with all the caption text and the SubCap's master caption list showing the same captions with only one of them filled in.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Mar 3 2020 12:07 PM In reply to

Re: Some Blank Subcaps After Import

Today I'm working an a system with v8.2.7, and the SubCaps that came up blank on 2019.12 all work fine. I'll let Avid know.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Mar 5 2020 3:39 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 695
    • Points 8,740

Re: Some Blank Subcaps After Import

The thing I notice is that the timecodes in the text file mostly don't match those in the in/out box.

When you bring them into version 8.2.7 are the timecodes correct?

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller