Latest post Tue, Feb 11 2020 3:17 AM by Steve Thomas. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 9 2020 5:54 PM

• Steve Thomas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 22 2015
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Baselight for Avid - MC 2020.2 and Catalina

Using a new MacBook Pro 16 with Media Composer 2020.2 beta. I am trying to install the Baselight for Avid plugin (latest version) without success. Initially, the BLA installer fails claiming that the MacOS is too new but their website claims support. I extracted the AVX plugin from inside the .pkg installer and copied it to the appropriate folder. MC starts up as it should but if I apply the BLA plugin to a clip, MC immediately crashes.

I'm wondering if anyone else is dealing with this? Does it have to do with Avid reworking everything for Catalina or is it the actual plugin. I'll contact Filmlight support well but decided to check here first. Thanks!

Mac Pro 2019 3.3GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W 96GB AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB MacBook Pro 16 2019 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 32GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 11 2020 12:07 AM In reply to

• Mark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 18 2008
    • Hollywood
    • Posts 22
    • Points 375

Re: Baselight for Avid - MC 2020.2 and Catalina

Steve Thomas:

Using a new MacBook Pro 16 with Media Composer 2020.2 beta. I am trying to install the Baselight for Avid plugin (latest version) without success. Initially, the BLA installer fails claiming that the MacOS is too new but their website claims support. I extracted the AVX plugin from inside the .pkg installer and copied it to the appropriate folder. MC starts up as it should but if I apply the BLA plugin to a clip, MC immediately crashes.

I'm wondering if anyone else is dealing with this? Does it have to do with Avid reworking everything for Catalina or is it the actual plugin. I'll contact Filmlight support well but decided to check here first. Thanks!

Yes, they (filmlight) needs to update their Avid BL plugin. We ran into the problem last week.

Late 2019 Mac Pro 16c. DUAL Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 2 TB SSD Apple AB [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 11 2020 3:17 AM In reply to

• Steve Thomas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 22 2015
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Re: Baselight for Avid - MC 2020.2 and Catalina

Received this message from Filmlight support today:

"Development just completed on Baselight Editions for Avid on Catalina recently
    and we are now in a brief period of testing before we release it to the web
    site."

So it seems the next release will have everything back up and running. 

Mac Pro 2019 3.3GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W 96GB AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB MacBook Pro 16 2019 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 32GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller