Latest post Tue, Jan 21 2020 4:38 PM by morsey. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 19 2020 11:55 AM

• morsey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 12 2019
    • Posts 13
    • Points 115

Forum suggestions

Is it necessary to have every post and reply to be approved manually by a forum administrator? It takes anywhere from hours to days. It makes it difficult to respond to peoples questions or recieve a response in a quick manner. They are also approved out of order, when my replies do eventually get posted up they get posted earlier in the thread.

The Avid Media Composer PC and MAC forums should be merged. There are questions from both forums that are software specific and have next to nothing to do with being on a MAC or PC. There is nothing wrong with flagging what system you are using if required.

I feel both these suggestions would make the fourms easier to use and more engaging.

• Tue, Jan 21 2020 4:20 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,722
    • Points 47,705
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Forum suggestions

Was your account set to moderated by someone? Because if not, then posts and replies are automatically published to the forums. If you were moderated, then a moderator has to approve the posts and replies.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, Jan 21 2020 4:34 PM In reply to

I think there's a minimum number of posts you have to have before you can post without moderation, because I often see posts awaiting moderation from new users. I don't know what the number is, but it's less than 10.

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jan 21 2020 4:36 PM In reply to

• morsey
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 115

As in, have I been banned or striked? No, my post history is pretty bland.

Marianna set up my account as it was returning an error when trying to create one myself.

A few of my replies and posts have just been approved from Friday night.

Posting this message Tuesday 4pm GMT.

• Tue, Jan 21 2020 4:38 PM In reply to

• morsey
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 115

Ah ha! I think I'm good now. I see why moderation is needed for new accounts. I was just about to give up on these forums. Cheers

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller