Latest post Thu, Dec 12 2019 6:56 PM by Marianna. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 7 2019 8:37 PM

• R
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Toronto
    • Posts 76
    • Points 1,095

Activation Bug... now 3rd year in a row!

Hi everyone,

When I boot up the MC application, The "Avid Media Composer Activation" window pops up and is requiring activation.  The Avid has been working fine since I re-newed my Avid Subscription last week.  For some reason, it's not accepting my activation information now.  I've gone through this stupid bug 2 years in a row... for some reason something within the license information on the account gets corrupted each year I renew.  On my avid.com profile site, the subscription shows that it will expire in 2020... so that's not the problem... not sure what is going on.

Anybody know how to fix this... or do you know Avid's after hours number?  I need to get my system back up and running asap... I've already had to send my client away because of this major license bug...  Any help would be welcomed.

Thanks,
    -Richard

HP Z420 Workstation | Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 @ 3.60 GHZ 3.60 GHz | Thunderbolt 2 Upgrade | 32 Gigs of RAM | NVIDIA® Quadro® P2000 | Windows 10 Pro 64... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 7 2019 8:58 PM In reply to

Re: Activation Bug... now 3rd year in a row!

Maybe a stupid idea, but have you tried logging out of Avid Link, then logging back in again, forcing Avid Link to 'call home' and update your account?

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 7 2019 9:05 PM In reply to

If Job's suggestion doesn't solve the problem, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates, and can help you.

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Dec 7 2019 9:14 PM In reply to

• R
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto
    • Posts 76
    • Points 1,095

I am back up and running now thanks to Avid Support.  The license had to be reset on their end.  Thanks for the contact emails Camoscato; I appricate it.

Cheers,
    -R

HP Z420 Workstation | Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 @ 3.60 GHZ 3.60 GHz | Thunderbolt 2 Upgrade | 32 Gigs of RAM | NVIDIA® Quadro® P2000 | Windows 10 Pro 64... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 9 2019 4:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,384
    • Points 233,280
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Folks and Richard.....

As I have posted so many times in the past.....   When you renew your Upgrade and Support plan, you will need to re-activate you license in order for your license to pick up your new Upgrade and Support plan expiration date.I.e. you need to deacitvate/reactive so the license can ' phone home" and update all the components of your license.

However, you do not need to go through the re-activation process until you are ready to upgrade to a newer MC release that may require the updated expiration date.

Hope this helps everyone and anyone with specific issues not address in ths post, please email me directly and we will assist you. 

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 12 2019 5:54 PM In reply to

• R
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto
    • Posts 76
    • Points 1,095

Hi Marianna,

Thank you for following up.  The strange part of the entire situation is that I had renewed a week or so earlier without any issue.  So for the software to have all-of-all sudden gone down and request to reactivation out of the blue is the frustrating part; especially on a weekend when I cannot "phone home" to deal with the situation immediately.  I ended up having to cancel the session with the client because of the issue.  That did not go over well...

With that all being said, next year I will make arrangements to reactivate with the intent to call Avid to complete the process.

-R

• Thu, Dec 12 2019 6:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,384
    • Points 233,280
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

A:

Hi Marianna,

Thank you for following up.  The strange part of the entire situation is that I had renewed a week or so earlier without any issue.  So for the software to have all-of-all sudden gone down and request to reactivation out of the blue is the frustrating part; especially on a weekend when I cannot "phone home" to deal with the situation immediately.  I ended up having to cancel the session with the client because of the issue.  That did not go over well...

With that all being said, next year I will make arrangements to reactivate with the intent to call Avid to complete the process.

-R

R- ( yes I know who R is :))

I sent a ntoe off to Rob G. and Ajay as this shouldnt happen and to have it "all of a sudden need to be deactivated by Avid so you could activate" isnt right.

I could understand if you moved to another computer, or you updated your OS or cloned the drive or.....  But to not do anything and have it happen - thats not good.

I will report back.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller