Latest post Thu, Nov 21 2019 7:01 PM by Robert Bowlus. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 21 2019 7:01 PM

2018.8 Frameflex Render Quality Issue

Hello All,

I use frameflex for keyframed photo moves and keyframed artificial camera moves. The photos are brought into a UHD project as UHD DXHR HQX media. After import, I switch to 1080P and use Frameflex to scale photos down to as much a 50 (200%) without any softness or quality loss. Additionally, I add artificial camera moves to UHD camera media.

Lately, I've been running into a bug where the Frameflex moves look sharp while previewing, but after a render they look incredibly low fidelity. If I make a change to a keyframe, they look sharp again but the render once again will turn soft. In 1080P, I am rendering to DNX175X. 

So far my workaround has been to switch the format to UHD, do a UHD DNXHR HQX mixdown and then switch back to 1080P. 

I used to think this was related to images in the CMYK color space, but now I'm seeing it on RGB JPEGs as well as some camera media. It seems to be random as other shots using the same media are fine. 

My render algorithm is set to Polyphase. Any ideas as to what could cause Frameflex to render this way?

-Robert

System 1: 2018 Imac Pro 2.5 Ghz Intel Xeon W 14-core Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB VRAM 64GB System RAM System 2:Late 2014 5K IMAC 4 GHz Intel Core i7... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller