Latest post Wed, Nov 13 2019 10:28 AM by Rory T. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 12 2019 6:20 PM

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 48
    • Points 535

Folders become Inaccessible within a Workspace (losing Permissions)

Hey,

Has anyone had an issue with an E4 where certain folders on the workspace will just become locked (Windows cannot access...) but only from one computer.  I have two different Z4s behaving like this but with different folders on the same workspace.  If I open up a CMD window I can "dir" into it.  Other folders on the same workspace are accessable.  Permissions are controled to the workspace as a whole rather than a folder by folder basis so it is strange that this could even happen.

There used to be a file and folder limit on Avid shared storage.  Does this still exist?  Is it a workspace limit of and media pack limit or system director limit?  I read 8 million files but there is no way it is near that.  Any ideas on what to try? 

The nexis version is 2019.4.

Thank you

Regards,

Rory

• Tue, Nov 12 2019 7:48 PM In reply to

Re: Folders become Inaccessible within a Workspace (losing Permissions)

Rory T:
    Has anyone had an issue with an E4 where certain folders on the workspace will just become locked (Windows cannot access...) but only from one computer.

Yes, hundreds of times by now. Avid knows about it and has already attempted to fix it but that fix has only reduced the frequency at which these blocked folders occur.

I guess at some point they will find the root cause. 

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Wed, Nov 13 2019 10:28 AM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 48
    • Points 535

Re: Folders become Inaccessible within a Workspace (losing Permissions)

Ah I just seen the thread about it so I will continue there. 

Link to thread: http://community.avid.com/forums/t/180988.aspx?PageIndex=3

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller