Latest post Sat, Nov 9 2019 2:46 PM by RalphC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 1 2019 8:01 PM

• 8E
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 30 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Avid Link - a terrible experience

I have used Sib 2018 with App Manager, and lately I updated to Avid Link.

In my eyes it looks as a bloatware. An application to help us to install and update new versions doesn't need to be bloated with numerous sub-applications. In my opinion it should be a simple and working app that takes 20MB for exchanging the license keys in a encrypted mode.

But what I see? Lounges? Find talent? Messages? I mean, we are professionals using the applications, not amateurs looking for chat and talents. I don't need a talent. Make a portal for that purpose not this way.

But no, I upgraded to Link and I can't login. Initializing keeps running.

Avid, this is the only application that has problems since ever. Last time (in 2017) I couldn't register. Now this.

I de-installed, re-installed. I clicked on to the link "Avid Link" install. Than it installs version x.4. After a while it says "you need to update" - to x.10. I mean ARE YOU SURE?? I download the latest version from your site that needs to be updated?

And than it doesn't work. Initializing keeps running.

I don’t have firewall on router, my Mac firewall is turned off (for this purpose), "Anonymous data collection" is unchecked. And I get this all the time.

@El Capitan.

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; }

• Sat, Nov 9 2019 2:46 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,479
    • Points 27,410
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid Link - a terrible experience

Hello 8E,

Please email me so I can get a case started for you. BTW, this is the Pro Video Community Forums for Sibelius head over to the Sib community

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller