Latest post Sun, Sep 15 2019 7:58 AM by Joachim Claus. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 14 2019 11:23 AM

• Mercer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 15 2010
    • UK
    • Posts 513
    • Points 6,555

2019.8 interface

Because of my setup, I like to have source/record on the right hand monitor and bins on the left. In all workspaces I like to have the project window, with all bins and folders, aligned to the right of the left hand monitor. This is impossible with 2019. The project window does not exist as before - it is part of a bin container and therefore even floating all windows doesn't work, since as soon as you save the workspace, the main bin container reverts to the folders on the left. I know things are developing but it is extremely clunky and having only two interface colours limiting too. Is this something that might improve?

MC with Symphony option, 2020.9, HP ZBook 17 G5, i7-8850H 6 core/64GB ram/512 M2 ssd/Nvidia Quadro P3200/FHD, HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, BMD Ultrastudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 15 2019 7:58 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 948
    • Points 12,125

Re: 2019.8 interface

General Consideration:

With floating windows workspaces are gerelly not saved properly. It is just a mess.

When windows are paneled (not floating) workkspaces are saved properly. 

Mercer:
    In all workspaces I like to have the project window, with all bins and folders, aligned to the right of the left hand monitor.

Make the Bin Container as a panel on the left monitor. It will initially take the full screen. Now place any other window as a panel left to the Bin Container. You will get then two windows side by side. The border between them can be adjusted to your needs.

Mercer:
    it is extremely clunky and having only two interface colours limiting too. Is this something that might improve?

I agree with your statement. There is work ongoing to get bin background colors to your needs. 

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller