Latest post Fri, Sep 6 2019 2:28 PM by RalphC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 6 2019 1:08 PM

"101 Activation failed: total device count exceeded."

Having a similar issue after renewing my subscription and then uploading. 

Have MC installed on a Mac laptop and a desktop.  Subscription was recently renewed.  Attempted to lauch MC on laptop (OS10.12.6) and was greeted with Activation screen.  After multiple attempts to reactivate the license, gave up and performed an available update (2018.12.3).  Restarted laptop and was able to launch MC.  Quit MC and shut down laptop.

Fired up desktop (OS10.13.6) and attempted to lauch MC.  Was greeted with same activation screen.  Once again, I attempted to activate unsuccessfully.  Ran the available update (2019.8) and restarted computer.  Relaunched MC and was again greeted with activcation screen.  Current error message: "101 Activation failed: total device count exceeded."

Previously, the license agreement allowed one to have the software installed on two machines, so long as only one copy was ever running - which is what I'd like.  I have to use the laptop when on the go, but would much rather be working on the larger, more robust desktop when in the comfort of my own home.  In other words: I'm not attempting to ever run two copies at the same time.

Has the license agreement changed?

• Fri, Sep 6 2019 2:28 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,222
    • Points 24,600
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Error When Trying to Upgrade to 2019.8

AndersonSoundRecording:
    Relaunched MC and was again greeted with activcation screen.  Current error message: "101 Activation failed: total device count exceeded."

@Anderson, yours is a different scenario, the error message means that the systems ID is left activated on the server, can you pm me the MCsystems ID so I can check, and no the license agreement is not changed.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller