Latest post Mon, Jul 8 2019 5:51 PM by Job ter Burg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 8 2019 4:03 PM

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 748
    • Points 11,365

Audio Mixdown Default to Nearest Empty Track

Currently, when you do an audio mixdown, the dialog box defaults to adding the audio track to a NEW track.  Even if there are many perfectly good empty tracks much higher up the timeline.  Even though this is an easy change for the editor, it seems this is a wasted step, and added keystrokes that could be eliminated.  Why not have the mixdown tool automatically default to a non-empty pre-existing track rather than always try to make a new (unneccessary) track.  

Media Composer version: usually newest release, or 1 behind. Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock GA 1151 Z370 Motherboard... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Mon, Jul 8 2019 5:37 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Mixdown Default to Nearest Empty Track

Not to be argumentative, but one of my workflows includes making a mixdown to a new track. If the default were changed as you propose, it'd eliminate a step for you and add one for me.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jul 8 2019 5:51 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Mixdown Default to Nearest Empty Track

Same here. I usually bounce mixdowns to specific lower tracks. Very rarely do I mixdown a piece of audio to an existing track, but I will sometimes do that as well.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller