Latest post Wed, Jul 3 2019 1:37 PM by Dom Q. Silverio. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 2 2019 11:15 PM

Nonstop MSMRescan()?

Avid crashed several times this afternoon due to what I guess was a corrupted file. After starting a new timeline, the crashes stopped, but the drives still felt overheated, so I decided to check the console. First I got a bunch of these errors:

CATException[80000008]FillCTVideoFormat, ../../CAT/core/extra/ctop.cpp:169 -> CAT_EXPECT_TRUE( width && height )

Then, every second or so, for as long as I keep the program running, I saw a variation of this:

MSMRescan() took: 0.058000s

I wasn't sure what the problem was, so I tried restarting Avid, restarting the computer, deleting settings, changing users and rebuilding databases. The only thing that seems to stop the endless rescanning is unplugging one of my external media drives (first one ran out of space, so now I'm working off of two). Unfortunately, I need both drives in order to edit. Is there an easy fix that I'm missing?

Avid Media Composer 8.6.0 • MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.4 • iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) • 4 GHz Intel Core i7 • 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 • AMD Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 3 2019 1:37 PM In reply to

Re: Nonstop MSMRescan()?

Alexandra Nichelle:
    MSMRescan() took: 0.058000s

When starting the application this line in the Console is normal.

If you are seeing a progress bar for media scan each time you start the application (usually just before or after the project selection window appears) then you likely have an invalid media database, likely caused by a bad file(s).

"Divide and Conquer" method can help.

MC 2020.6, W10, Gigabyte X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2012... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller