Latest post Fri, Jun 26 2020 9:49 PM by Marcus Johnson. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 26 2019 2:03 PM In reply to

Re: NewBlueTitler doesn't activate

Seth from New Blue FX also investigates why NewBlueFX transitions aren't present in Effects.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(442.92)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x1TB Crucial MX500@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2020.6 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Sun, Mar 29 2020 5:35 AM In reply to

I started getting this problem in 2019.12.0.

Titler Pro Express doesn't work either.  MC crashes.

• Sun, Mar 29 2020 11:31 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,203
    • Points 231,085
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Zork

Let me check ....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Mar 29 2020 3:06 PM In reply to

I'm using a Mac btw, Mojave

• Tue, Mar 31 2020 10:33 PM In reply to

ZorkNation:

I started getting this problem in 2019.12.0.

Titler Pro Express doesn't work either.  MC crashes.

Hello Zork,

What version of Titler Pro do you have installed? And what exactly the issue, that it's not activating or that you're having stability issues with it?

• Fri, May 1 2020 2:24 PM In reply to

• Derek young
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 26 2011
    • Oxfordshire UK
    • Posts 20
    • Points 230
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

I am in the same situation. I have just upgraded Avid to 2020.4  downloaded and installed Titler Pro Express for Avid and I find that Titler Pro for Avid states thatit is current whilst below in the NewBlue App Manager, the Titler Pro for Avid needs to be activated. A message comes up saying "Unable to activate because of failure to communicate with AvidELF.

I followed your previous advice of logging out and then back in without success.

In Media Composer when applying NewBlue FX/transitions, I get the cross and FX water mark. Is this because Titler Pro is not activated?

I am running Media Composer on a Dell PC.

Derek

• Fri, Jun 26 2020 9:49 PM In reply to

Derek young:

I am in the same situation. I have just upgraded Avid to 2020.4  downloaded and installed Titler Pro Express for Avid and I find that Titler Pro for Avid states thatit is current whilst below in the NewBlue App Manager, the Titler Pro for Avid needs to be activated. A message comes up saying "Unable to activate because of failure to communicate with AvidELF.

I followed your previous advice of logging out and then back in without success.

In Media Composer when applying NewBlue FX/transitions, I get the cross and FX water mark. Is this because Titler Pro is not activated?

I am running Media Composer on a Dell PC.

Derek

Hi Derek,

Apologies for the very late response, and for my extended absence on this forum. In case you're still having this issue, and for the benefit of other users I'm going to respond.

For anyone who is installing Titler Pro 7 Express for Avid, I would suggest uninstalling Titler Pro 5 for Avid first. The "AvidELF" error is specifically for Titler Pro 5, since it is discontinued and can no longer be activated. 

To answer your other question, if the NewBlue effects and transitions you have came with Titler Pro 5 for Avid, then they cannot be activated anymore and you will always get the watermark. All of those effects and transitions are of course available to purchase from our website, or you can also take a look at TotalFX, which includes Titler Pro 7 Ultimate as well as all our effects and transitions and is available as a subscription: https://newbluefx.com/products/totalfx/

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller