Latest post Fri, Jun 7 2019 6:10 PM by danny. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 2 2019 4:17 PM

• danny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 24 2010
    • Posts 97
    • Points 1,115

white background in right / FX window

I can't find out how to make the background in the right-hand window go white when zoomed out to 75%. It always appears as black. If there is no way to do this, I would like to request it as a feature.

The reason is when checking the edges of the frame for irregular archive sources that have been cropped in the 3D Warp, it's really difficult to check dark images on the external "client monitor" because the picture goes tp the edge of the screen. It is only after exporting a sequence and viewing in, say, a QT 7 player window, placed over a large white blank new text doc that the edges show up clearly.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there an easy way already in Avid that I have missed all these years?

Danny

Mac 3Ghz 8-core cylinder Xeon E5. 32GB 1866Mhz DDR3. AMD D700 graphics x2. OS 10.12.6 with MC/Symphony 8.9.1 and 10.14.6 with MC2020 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 5 2019 5:33 AM In reply to

Re: white background in right / FX window

danny:

I can't find out how to make the background in the right-hand window go white when zoomed out to 75%. It always appears as black. If there is no way to do this, I would like to request it as a feature.

The reason is when checking the edges of the frame for irregular archive sources that have been cropped in the 3D Warp, it's really difficult to check dark images on the external "client monitor" because the picture goes tp the edge of the screen. It is only after exporting a sequence and viewing in, say, a QT 7 player window, placed over a large white blank new text doc that the edges show up clearly.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there an easy way already in Avid that I have missed all these years?

Danny

I like the request. Not so hot Workarounds might include: adding an Inverse or Negative Color effect so your clup’s objectionable Black edges show as White .. temporarily. Or try a reformat effect with White Sidebars.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 7 2019 10:47 AM In reply to

• danny
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 97
    • Points 1,115

Thanks for your reply Telegram. The invert colour FX definitely helps and hadn't occurred to me.

WIthout the effect (ie: just playing a sequence with normal colour in the right-hand window, zoomed out to 75%) the background does turn to mid-grey, but subbornly goes back to black when the sequence is paused. I thnik we agree it would be good if there was the option for it to remain grey - or any other colour / shade.

For now I will use the invert colour workaround.

Mac 3Ghz 8-core cylinder Xeon E5. 32GB 1866Mhz DDR3. AMD D700 graphics x2. OS 10.12.6 with MC/Symphony 8.9.1 and 10.14.6 with MC2020 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 7 2019 12:58 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,841
    • Points 46,370

Do you have Sapphire on your system?  If so I have a trick that we use.

Put Sapphire WarpToRect on the track above your sequence with Shift X and Y set to 50 and Wrap X and Y set to Tile.  This allow you to look at the edge of raster in the center of your screen.  Blanking issues jump out at you.

You could probably do the same thing with 4 Warp3D efx stacked on top.  Make it once and save ....

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.12.9|OS 10.14.x - iMac Pro 2019 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Fri, Jun 7 2019 6:10 PM In reply to

• danny
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 97
    • Points 1,115

Unfortunately I only have Boris for now, but thanks for helping with the tips. I might try out the 3D Warp idea :)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller