Latest post Thu, Mar 26 2020 6:38 PM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 4 2019 10:58 AM

Failed deactivation 0 deactivation ok "no record of this device was found" Mc activation error

Hello guys, 

I have an issue with my MC License : 

"Failed deactivation 0 deactivation ok "no record of this device was found" 

Can u help me please ? 

Thx :) 

• Tue, Feb 5 2019 4:04 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,146
    • Points 23,890
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Failed deactivation 0 deactivation ok "no record of this device was found" Mc activation error

Hi aurelienadjedj, 

You got mail.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 6 2020 3:34 PM In reply to

• Baril
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 11 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Re: Failed deactivation 0 deactivation ok "no record of this device was found" Mc activation error

Hi, i have the same problem this morning

Alain

• Thu, Mar 26 2020 12:13 AM In reply to

• charlzm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 28 2009
    • Posts 11
    • Points 115

Why not just post the solution here for anyone else with the same issue?

• Thu, Mar 26 2020 7:54 AM In reply to

charlzm:

Why not just post the solution here for anyone else with the same issue?

Because there are several possible causes. For activation/licensing issues, only Avid Support can help you.

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Select Broadcast & Video, then on the next page click the + next to Contact Support and call the number listed for your area.  Help with activation issues is free, and it's option 2 from the phone menu.

If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates, and can help you.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Mar 26 2020 6:19 PM In reply to

• charlzm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 28 2009
    • Posts 11
    • Points 115

Thanks for the info.  I use Avid support center online relatively often for this error (under my work email).  Every time I get the support answer back, it's the same directions.  So, why not just post these directions to this very specific error?  Or, if there is more than one cause and solution, perhaps a more specific eror message should be displayed in order to more accurately identify what is happening and what the solutiuon is without having to contact customer service?
    I guess that's a feature request?  "More specific error messages regarding licensing and more user-empowerfed solutions".

• Thu, Mar 26 2020 6:38 PM In reply to

charlzm:
    Every time I get the support answer back, it's the same directions.  So, why not just post these directions to this very specific error?

If the directions are the ones I think they are, they could be used by someone wanting to reset the license information in order to get another free trial and avoid paying for Media Composer. I think that's why they don't want them posted all over the internet.

charlzm:
    more user-empowerfed solutions

I agree. The ability to deactivate your own license without access to Media Composer and without having to contact customer support would be a big help.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller