Latest post Mon, Dec 11 2017 5:54 PM by Tom Pearson. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 8 2017 1:13 PM

• delgadob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 16 2007
    • Pembroke Pines, Florida
    • Posts 161
    • Points 2,485

Audio Quality

I enoy excelent sound quality and stereophonic sound from my Timeline.

When the project is completed, I export to a QuickTime Movie

From the QuickTime movie, I burn a DVD.

The quality of the sound on the DVD is not as sharp as the one coming from the Timeline and the stereo sound is no longer there.  Everything comes from the center channel in my surround sound system.

Any other DVD that I play in my surround system is excellent. Excellent surround and sharp sound.

Please let me know what type of sound files I should have when creating the QuickTime Movie and when burning the DVD.  To burn the DVD I use the Avid's DVD burning software.

Thanks for info

Bert

Avid Media Composer version 6.5.4 on a PC. It has an INTE HEX CORE I7, 4930K, with 4 TB of internal storage,Intel cooling system for I7, 32 GB of memory... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 11 2017 5:16 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Quality

What are the sound options you select when exporting from Avid?

Sounds like you are producing mono sound.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Mon, Dec 11 2017 5:54 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Dallas TX
    • Posts 2,194
    • Points 23,515

Re: Audio Quality

How are you encoding the surround mix???

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller