Latest post Wed, Oct 11 2017 7:58 PM by jef. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 10 2017 9:18 PM

• Roach13
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 3 2006
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,655

MC 8.9 Hangs on auto save

I was having some issues with my avid which I was certain had to do with some band aid fixes I had to do over the summer when my Raid bit the dust at a very inopertune time, so I decided to use the down time to complete wipe my raid and system drive and reinstall everything. To my surprise Avid is still crashing at what I think is when the autosave is kicking in.

I'll be editing along and then every so often avid will just go into the spinning beachball and hang. If I'm patitent enough I can click to close the project window and at somepoint Avid will come around and close my project and save it at the same time. Thankfully that does work but sometime I could be waiting 5-10 min for it to come out of that state.

I have read to open activity monitor and force quit quicktime opserver if it showing as non responsive which it is. However it doesnt seem to really have an effect it.

Anybody else having the same issues?

My media files are on a seperate raid along with the project but Media Composer lives on my System drive.

MacPro Late 2013 OSX 10.10.5 Avid MC 8.9.2 Symphony Option [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 11 2017 7:58 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,722
    • Points 44,665

Re: MC 8.9 Hangs on auto save

Here is a real long shot:  Do you have Fast Scrub enabled?  If so, turn it off.

Your problem sounds like what I encounter when I have Fast Scrub enabled and start moving the timeline cursor rapidly.

I may be totally wacko on this ....

Good luck,

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.12.9|OS 10.14.x - iMac Pro 2019 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller