Latest post Thu, Apr 27 2017 1:36 PM by Roger Van Duyn. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 25 2017 2:25 PM

• seven11video
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Rockford, Illinois USA
    • Posts 8
    • Points 160

Can I add multiple clips to a particular length of time in timeline

I produce a weekly real estate show and am looking for a way to shorten one of the more legthy tasks- and that is adding pictures of properties to the timeline.

For example, if the property description voice over is 50 seconds long, and I have 8 pictures of the property to use within that 50 second time frame, I will add the first picture and splice it up 7 times to create 8 total sections, then replace the remaining 7 sections with the remaining property pictures.  I'm thinking there has to be a better way to accomplish this.

i've tried experimenting but to no avail.  Can anyone please offer a tip or trick?  It would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

HP xw8600 - (2) Quad Core Xeon Processors - 16GB RAM - Quadro FX3700 512MB PCIe Graphics Card - Avid Media Composer 8.8.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 25 2017 3:53 PM In reply to

Re: Can I add multiple clips to a particular length of time in timeline

Hi,

You could mark durations on the pictures first and then drag them to the timeline.

1. Put the bin with the pics into script view.

2. Select the pictures.

3. Press I to mark in on all the pics.

4. Use Forward 10 Frames/Forward 1 Frame to move forward however far you need to.

5. Press O to mark out on all the pics.

6. Put the blue position indicator where you want the pics to start.

7. Drag the pics you selected in step 2 to the timeline.

Hope that helps. If you need to do dissolves between the pics, add step 2a - Use Forward 10 Frames to move into the selected pics enough frames to provide handles for dissolves.

Media Composer 2022.4 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Apr 27 2017 1:36 PM In reply to

Re: Can I add multiple clips to a particular length of time in timeline

What I do is:

1. Load a section of filler.  For example, 50 secs.

2. Use the ad edit tool (razor) to divide it into sections.  For example, 8 equal sections

3. Drag and drop the pan and scan effect to each of the individual sections from step 2.

4. Import each individual pictures from within the pan and scan effect, using the effect editor.  Then you can do a slow pan, zoom, etc. to your heart's content. 

You can place the filler (step 1) on a track above the other video tracks, if you wish.  Sometimes I put them over an animated background when making musical slideshows.

To speed things up, program a key on the keyboard for the add edit tool. I chose the semicolon key.

Hope this helps.

MC 6.0.4,Gateway FX6800, i7 920 Processor, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Win 7 Pro 64 SP1), 6gb Ram, GeForce GT 710 (2gb), 2 JVC HM170U Camcorders, 1 Canon... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller