Latest post Fri, Feb 12 2016 10:21 PM by Andrew Rice. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 12 2016 10:21 PM

• Andrew Rice
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 24 2011
    • Maui, Hawaii
    • Posts 155
    • Points 2,010

Working with footage from DVX100b

Hi everyone,

I recently got a job that was shot on a DVX100b in 24pAdvanced and ingested to FCP7 with these settings:

The footage and the project, which is organized in bins but not edited yet is currently in FCP7.  So I have a few questions:

What is the best way to bring this into AVID and work with it.  In the end we want to uprez the footage/edit to 1920x1080.

Should we convert all footage now? 
    or 
    Cut in 720x480 DVCPro (native timeline) using this footage, and then uprez the final cut to 1920x1080? Then insert graphics etc.

When uprezing this footage, can anyone offer any suggestions on how to do it:
    Could I use Compressor? If so what settings?  

Or should we send to a post house for a hardware uprez? If so, any suggestions on where to do that?

Thanks in advance for any help here.  I havent touched DV footage for a long time, and have never had to uprez SD to HD.

Media Composer 8.4 • Mac Pro • 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon • 16GB RAM • ATI Radeon HD 5770 • Nvidia Quadra 4000 • Blackmagic Decklink Studio • BMD Desktop... [view my complete system specs]

Glassy waves make me happy

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller