Latest post Sat, Dec 10 2016 6:05 PM by RalphC. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 10 2016 7:11 PM

Can't reactivate MC with Application Manager

Hope someone here can offer a suggestion. I’ve emailed support but gotten no response.  We have a subscription for Media Composer renewed monthly. Details on the credit card changed and the renewal failed.  We updated CC info and the account shows active again. When starting MC it asks to be activated again. I enter the sys ID and activation code in Application Manager and get the following error message.

Activation Failed: 101 Activation Failed. 20076:inactive, obsolete or expired add-on ‘(Activation ID) cannot be added or copies increased.

I tried the solution of shutting off AppMan/Helper, deleting the cache, license etc mentioned elsewhere on this forum but that didn’t help. Naturally we are in the middle of a job and can’t proceed.

We are running 8.4.4 on a Mavericks Mac Pro.  Thanks in advance for any help.

• Wed, Feb 10 2016 7:22 PM In reply to

Re: Can't reactivate MC with Application Manager

Rather than emailing, you should contact Avid Support on the phone.

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Select Broadcast & Video, then on the next page click the + next to Contact Support and call the number listed for your area.  Help with activation issues is free, and it's option 2 from the phone menu.

If you still don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She's their customer advocate, and can help you.

Media Composer 2021.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Feb 10 2016 7:23 PM In reply to

Hi Reality Pictures,

Can you email me off-list your Activation ID and Device ID please? - Keith.Gerrard@avid.com and I'll see if I can help. 

That being said, since you removed the License and Swl folders, does the option for a Trial appear? 

Please let me know. 

Thanks

~Keith

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 19 2016 6:12 AM In reply to

• MIT LAB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 29 2009
    • Posts 90
    • Points 1,550

I am with a client right now and this is happening to me, total nightmare, I will pay $$$$$$ to fix this problen tonight.  Thanks

Work: HP Z800 8 core, 48Gb Ram, FX4800, 15K SAS, USB 3.0 G Drives, Matrox MXO2 mini, Dell 30 inch monitors displayport, Home:HP XW8200, XP pro SP3,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 19 2016 6:13 AM In reply to

• MIT LAB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 29 2009
    • Posts 90
    • Points 1,550

Activation Failed. 20076:Inactive, obsolete or expired add-on 'MREA-9B9D-J7RJ-AHDF' cannot be added or have copies increased.

Work: HP Z800 8 core, 48Gb Ram, FX4800, 15K SAS, USB 3.0 G Drives, Matrox MXO2 mini, Dell 30 inch monitors displayport, Home:HP XW8200, XP pro SP3,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 19 2016 9:39 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York / Amsterdam
    • Posts 762
    • Points 9,015

Call Marianna Montague right now. (813) 493-6800. Just spoke to her. She'll take care of you.

Mid-2010 Mac Pro • 2018 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]

US Workflow Architect for Postlab by Hedge

Now Available! → Postlab for Media Composer

A shared Avid project workflow in the cloud with Bin Locking, Workspaces, and Sync.

• Sun, Jun 19 2016 10:30 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,569
    • Points 255,525
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

MIT LAB:

Activation Failed. 20076:Inactive, obsolete or expired add-on 'MREA-9B9D-J7RJ-AHDF' cannot be added or have copies increased.

Bob - as i said in the other thread....  that license using that activation is a student license/rental/subscription.  I provided a temp license to your email address on file for 30 days.  I will sort this out tororow.

M

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 4 2016 1:42 PM In reply to

I am having the same issue as everyone in this discussion, please can I have some assistance.

• Thu, Aug 4 2016 1:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,569
    • Points 255,525
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

BrokenJars15:

I am having the same issue as everyone in this discussion, please can I have some assistance.

Just sent you an email.....   standing by for your response

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 10 2016 5:28 PM In reply to

• blakeinla
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Aaaargh!  I am now having this issue also and I need to use Media Composer today!   Same thing:  "inactive, obsolete, expired".  I've downloaded latest version, uninstalled, installed.  Same thing.  This is getting in the way of me doing my job!

• Sat, Dec 10 2016 6:05 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,763
    • Points 30,635
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi blakeinla, 

Send me email raff.condalor@avid.com.

Regards,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller