Latest post Tue, Jan 12 2016 9:47 PM by ramz434. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 12 2016 7:07 PM

• lukearndt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 13 2007
    • Posts 17
    • Points 250

Find where a clip is being used within Media Composer

I have an edited sequence that may have been copied previously, and I'm wanting to make sure work is being done on the correct "version" of the sequence (in other words, the most recent one).

So what I'm trying to do is take a media clip from this sequence (say abc.mov) and find out if that file is being used anywhere else within the project.  

Is this possible?  Can I find any and all instances in which abc.mov is being used in my project?

• Tue, Jan 12 2016 7:36 PM In reply to

Re: Find where a clip is being used within Media Composer

Hi.

Select your sequence /BIN HAMBURG select: MEDIA RELATIVES. This will show all the master clips, audio clips, graphic clips and all the stuff that is used in your sequence.

And this is in case you need to find a frame of a clip:

REVERSE MATCH FRAME.

The Reverse Match Frame feature lets you locate frames in a sequence that match a selected

source frame.

To perform a reverse match frame:

1. Load the source footage into the Source monitor.

2. Move the position indicator to the frame that you want to match.

3. Select the appropriate tracks in the Timeline.

For more information, see “Understanding the Track Selector Panel” on page 684 and

“Selecting Tracks for Matching Frames” on page 543.

The system searches all selected tracks in the Record monitor for the frame on all

selected tracks in the Source monitor.

4. Click the Reverse Match Frame button in the Other tab of the Command palette.

Good luck!

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Tue, Jan 12 2016 9:47 PM In reply to

• ramz434
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Long Island
    • Posts 237
    • Points 2,960

Re: Find where a clip is being used within Media Composer

Another option is to take the clip/clips you're unsure about and drop them at the end of a sequence. If you have dupe detection on - those clips will get a colored line on the top.

Unfortunately this is a sequence by sequence basis - as far as I know there isnt a way to, say, right click on a clip and see where its been used or how many times. Hopefully someone will correct me if Im wrong.

- HP Z400/24gb ram/Windows 10/MC2020.5/256gb Samsung SSD/ NVidia GTX 1080 - Macbook Pro/16gb ram/OS 10.15.4/MC2020.4/Intel UHD 630 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller