Latest post Sun, Oct 11 2015 9:50 AM by losalnos. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 11 2015 9:25 AM

• losalnos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 2 2010
    • Posts 38
    • Points 515

Speeding up over cranked Clips

Hi All! I hope someone's up on a Sunday to give me a bit advice.

I'm Assisting on a drama and we've a handful of clips that were shot overcranked on Alexa at 100fps to get a slo-mo effect. The DIT has transcoded them and I've brought them in to my project. Now, sound was recorded at the same time and, along with the slo-mo versions, the editor would also like speeded up versions of them so they are at "real-life" speed (for want of a better term!) that has sound the sound synced, so that he has the options.

Can anyone recommend a way to do this? My first thought was to use motion effect on the slo mo clips to speed them up by 400%. Tht works to get the video clip up to the correct speed, but once I've done that, as the clip that's been created is a motion effect, Avid won't let me use the Autosync tool or the group tool to combine it with the the sound.

If I sync the slo mo version to the sound first, then apply the motion effect, the resulting motion effect clip drops the sound.

Timewarp only seems to work on clips when they're in a seq, and I know I could speed up the clip with motion effect, then creat a master clip from that using a video mixdown which could then be synced to the sound using Autosync/Group, but that will screw up the conform as there isn't a high-rez version of the master clip that has been created when doing the mixdown: there will be nothing to link to.

Does anyone have any ideas on how it can be done?

Thanks in advance!

• Sun, Oct 11 2015 9:41 AM In reply to

Re: Speeding up over cranked Clips

Speed them up with Timewarp and sync them as sequences. Editor will have to learn to live with that.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Oct 11 2015 9:50 AM In reply to

• losalnos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 2 2010
    • Posts 38
    • Points 515

Re: Speeding up over cranked Clips

Cheers Job. As long as I confirm that's the only way to do it, and there's not a better way that I simply don't know about, then I'm happy. I just didn't want to preent sequences only to hear "well my last Assistant managed to sort it as clips!"

Many thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller