Latest post Thu, Sep 24 2015 6:05 PM by erwabo. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 24 2015 4:06 PM

• erwabo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 28 2008
    • Detroit MI
    • Posts 141
    • Points 1,675

Exception: Unsupported Resolution

Im running MC 5.5.3 and I cannot add any audio to my timeline (other than one it included in a video clip)

The audio clips play fine in the source monitor but if I add them in to the time line I get

"Exception:Unsupported Resolution" I tried deleting these DB files below and I also deleted all the setting for that user such as the MC State file

C:\Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1   

Delete - msmFMID.pmr
    Delete - msmMMOB.mdb

This prohibits all playback until I remove the audio files from the timeline.

UPDATE: I also noticed it does this with the Title Tool as well. As soon as the Title gets dropped in my bin, it throws the error.

Rig 1: Avid Media Composer Adrenaline HD 5.7, Studio Toolkit 5.7 Rig 2: Avid MC 8.4, Pro Tools 12.5 HD Rig 3: Pro Tools 2019.5, Sibelius 8 [view my complete system specs]

Eric Bojonell
    Owner
    EBO Music Studios L.L.C.

• Thu, Sep 24 2015 4:12 PM In reply to

Re: Exception: Unsupported Resolution

What format/frame rate/sample rate are the audio clips, and what format/frame rate is your project?

Media Composer 2020.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Sep 24 2015 4:23 PM In reply to

• erwabo
    • Not Ranked
    • Detroit MI
    • Posts 141
    • Points 1,675

24FPS NSTC and Audio is 48, 16 bit PCM.  I just tried to Generate a Tone using the Audio Tool for a header. Thats when I first got the error. THen I tried importing audio and it encoded it but I still got the error, and neither one of those should cause that error.

I just noticed I get the same error when creating a title too. As soon as the title hits the bin, it throws that error, but capturing and playback of video is no problem.

Rig 1: Avid Media Composer Adrenaline HD 5.7, Studio Toolkit 5.7 Rig 2: Avid MC 8.4, Pro Tools 12.5 HD Rig 3: Pro Tools 2019.5, Sibelius 8 [view my complete system specs]

Eric Bojonell
    Owner
    EBO Music Studios L.L.C.

• Thu, Sep 24 2015 4:34 PM In reply to

• erwabo
    • Not Ranked
    • Detroit MI
    • Posts 141
    • Points 1,675

I also just tried the Title Tool but create a Marquee instead. Everything goes fine until it lands in the bin and the same error occurs. I tried importing a video clip instead of a capture from my deck, and that worked no problem

Eric Bojonell
    Owner
    EBO Music Studios L.L.C.

• Thu, Sep 24 2015 6:05 PM In reply to

• erwabo
    • Not Ranked
    • Detroit MI
    • Posts 141
    • Points 1,675

Well since nothign else was working. I uninstalled MC 5.5, deleted all the Avid MC files and reinstalled and that seems to have corrected the issue. Something was simply corrputed I guess.

THanks

Eric Bojonell
    Owner
    EBO Music Studios L.L.C.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller