Latest post Mon, Jun 15 2015 10:06 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 14 2015 7:25 PM

• zchadfield
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 29 2012
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Media Composer Subscription and Support inclusions

I'm starting to get really irritated by the differences between the subscription version and puchased with support contract versions of media composer. All my full versions with support contracts have different versions of New Blue Titler, subscription comes with V2 and the Support Contract comes with V1. Also annoying but not as much of a problem is that the subscriptions come with Dolby AC3 but the support contract versions don't. In a facility environment this is a big problem. We have our old licences with Symphony (that cost a lot) from prior to the subscription model, and we have the newer subscriptions we have been buying since the move from Avid to subscription model wich is great and I am happy about. But having any missmatched plugins within the facility can turn into a massive problem when moving projects around. What is extra annoying is that we have paid so much more for the original copies of Media Composer with Symphony and have the support contracs but have older versions of Titler Pro and no Dolby... it doesn't seem fair. So please, if you can make them the same so we get the same on the support contract with the old full licences as we get on the new subscriptions. Also I imagine the same would apply to some people in regards to Symphony but we had already purchaed the symphony option for all our media composers so that is less of a problem for us but I imagine it's a pain for some.

• Mon, Jun 15 2015 10:06 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,378
    • Points 233,180
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer Subscription and Support inclusions

Zchadfield....

The subscription comes with NewBlue Titler 2, Squeeze lite, BCC lite and iZotopye trial.  The perpetual license comes with NewBlue Titler v1, Squeeze trial, iZotope trial.  

Dolby Ac 3 is provided by support directly and can now be managed inside the Appman and you dont activate it until you need it.  When you AMA link to AVCHD media for the first time the editor will start to ask about licensing.   When you do this for the first time, and AC3 isn't activated, then the editor will activate the AC3 automatically over the internet connection.  if you don't have an active internet connection you will be presented with a license activation request.

Here is the process.... 

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/user_guide/How-do-I-activate-AC3-with-Media-Composer-8-0-and-Avid-Application-Manager

This is thr same process used for MC 7 and MC 8.x

Now if you have a dongle - thats a different kettle of fish which is outlined here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/user_guide/en244743

If you still have your Production Suite from the past ( 64 bit version) then you can still use that on your licenses.  New license would need additional 3rd party software added on and all the manufacturers ( BCC, Squeeze, etc. offer deald for Avid users)

Email me off forum and include the system ID's of the licenses. I will check then and determine what was the last versions available for use with each one and then we can figure out a plan.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller