Latest post Wed, May 13 2015 7:58 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 13 2015 7:24 PM

• pt user
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 15 2011
    • Posts 317
    • Points 4,275

Compositing where there is no green or blue screen

Hi 

There are a fair few tutorials out there on compositing in MC but seemingly none on how to composite a shot where there is no blue or green screen. 

Im stuck on the workflow for this as I have not done this before.

I have two clips - a background of NYC at night from the air,  and a foreground of a helicopter gun ship with gun outside the copter aiming. The gun is predominately black with some tone but the outside which I want to remove is daylight and desert. Had a go with spectramatte and Luma key. luma was better than spectramatte but none are that successful. Also tried colour correcting the foreground clip but no luck.

Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction?

thanks

MC8, Hack Mac 12 core SSD, 3x Nvidia Graphics cards Davinci Resolve Macbook Pro i7 quad core , Hitachi Raid drives for Video, ProTools 11, Pro Tools HD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2015 7:58 PM In reply to

Re: Compositing where there is no green or blue screen

It might be easier to give advice if we could see a screen shot of both of the shots.  Without an easy color or luma level you can key out, you might be stuck rotoscoping, which can be done in MC, but it's not the best tool for the job and is a major pain to do.

Media Composer 2021.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller