Latest post Fri, Apr 24 2015 7:25 AM by nigelgourley. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 17 2015 5:24 PM

• yfury81
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 27 2012
    • Posts 24
    • Points 330

purpose of .log files

I needed to copy over .avb to my harddrive from a different editor. She also had .log files associated per bin. So if the bin was named Scene 1.avb, there was a log file associated with it, Scene 1.log. What is the .log file and is it important for me to keep and do I need to keep them in the same folder? Right now, they are in the same folder and I was simply going to drag and drop into my hard drive. (Mac user by the way).

• Tue, Mar 17 2015 7:33 PM In reply to

Re: purpose of .log files

Avid bin log files are generated when the project is accessed in a shared storage environment (ie Unity or ISIS). It contains text info of users that have accessed the bin. It is not essential for sharing bins to others outside of this environment.

MC 2021.3, W10, MSI X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 24 2015 7:25 AM In reply to

Re: purpose of .log files

So if bins get copied at the windows level from one project to another in a shared storage environment what should happen to the log file. Copy as well? Delete? Leave where it is or does it make no difference?

25 MC 8.5 x Mostly PC Terrablock ISIS 1000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller