Latest post Thu, Apr 17 2014 9:03 AM by Marc-Jan. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 17 2014 9:03 AM

    • Marc-Jan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 18 2008
    • Baarn, The Netherlands
    • Posts 6
    • Points 40

    MC 6.5.4 + Interplay / AMA Transcoding loses video

    Dear Colleagues,

     

    A client of mine would like to archive a few timelines of mine so they can clean up the ISIS again. 

    The media I use is shot Full HD S-Log on an F5 and I edit it the AMA way, so I don't loose any color information before grading the 10-bit video. This brings no pressure to the ISIS as well for the media was on external harddrives, a win-win situation. We worked out a workflow and it worked smooth after the first start-up bumps. 

    After I finished the programs, they wanted the used material to be archived through Interplay. I transcoded the AMA to the ISIS in a Non-Interplay environment. After relinking all material was online in DNxHD 185 X to keep the quality as high as possible. 

    After checking every single shot was online, I restarted my Avid in the Interplay environment and opened my transcoded timeline. Now all my audio was there but all the video was gone. Match-framing the soundparts showed me the sound was there, but the video linked to the sound was offline. Changing Dynamic Relink settings did not help a bit.

    When checking in the timeline, Interplay shows parts of the timeline are offline, as expected. No surprises here.

    I restarted Avid again in the Non-Interplay environment and opened the timeline with the offline video and everything appeared online. 

    This was strange and frustrating, because my mediamanager and me had been trying to get the transcoding part working for a few weeks in the few spare-hours we had, and now we were so close, we still got no cigar.

    After an idea of my mediamanager I consolidated the transcoded timeline in Non-Interplay mode to an external harddrive to check if we could create a workaround this way. Eureka, it worked...partially. Leaving us with even more questionmarks. Now all the audio was there and, lets say, 1/4 of the video appeared online. The rest was still not there. 

     

    It has become a pretty long story, but I hope the way we were working the last weeks is put down pretty detailed and clear.

    If there is someone out there that has had the same, or similar, problem and worked out a way to solve it, I would be very pleased to hear from you.

    If there are people that have an idea on what more to try, I would also be very pleased to hear from you.

     

    Grtz,

    Marc-Jan van Gent.

    Senior Editor @ UBF.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller