Latest post Sat, Apr 11 2020 2:21 AM by OfirMR. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 17 2014 4:48 PM

• Cressweed
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 17 2014
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Colour Correction Not Working

I recently updated Avid Media Composer to 6.0.5 and now all of a sudden the colour correction workspace isn't working. I can change all of the parameters but I am not seeing a change on the image, Y Waveform, RGB Parade or Vetorscope. I have checked to see if Render On-the-fly is ticked and it is. Even if I drag the colour correction effect onto the timeline it doesn't do anything. If I click on the clip menu and choose render at location the window indicates that there is no effect to render. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Avid Media Composer 6.0.5 | iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 | 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 17 2014 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: Colour Correction Not Working

Can you try a different user and see if the problem is still present?

What OS are you using?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:11 PM In reply to

• Cressweed
    • Not Ranked
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Hi Kevin, I am using OS X 10.8.5.  The problem still persists when I shutdown Avid and reopen the project using a second user.

Avid Media Composer 6.0.5 | iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 | 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 17 2014 7:41 PM In reply to

Try creating a fresh Project and a fresh new user.

Drag a clip from the medias tool and cut it into a fresh new sequence and test the colour correction on that.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Sat, Jan 18 2014 12:27 AM In reply to

• Cressweed
    • Not Ranked
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Hi Pat, thanks for the suggestion. I tried a new project based on another hard drive and the colour correction worked as it should. I then tried an existing project with my original user on the same hard drive as the project I'm having trouble with and that worked too. This seems like a project specific problem. Any ideas how I can fix this or at least get around it? Thanks.

• Sat, Jan 18 2014 5:01 AM In reply to

• Dan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 28 2011
    • Posts 238
    • Points 3,055

Working off Pat's suggestion, try copying your bins at the OS folder level from the project folder that isn't working into the project folder that is working and see if it works there.

• Sat, Jan 18 2014 4:01 PM In reply to

• Cressweed
    • Not Ranked
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Interestingly the sequence that doesn't work still didn't work in another project. I've fixed the issue now. I created a new video track and dragged the clips onto the new video track and deleted the old one. Suddenly colour correction works again. Weird. Thanks for the help guys. 

• Sat, Apr 11 2020 2:21 AM In reply to

• OfirMR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 7 2020
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

You may have "saved current" workspace (source/record) to the color correction workspace..

Happend to me, and I didn't understand what is goign on.

I just rearranged the workspace and save to current again.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller