Latest post Sun, Jan 12 2014 4:45 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 12 2014 1:39 PM

Uninstall issue in 10.9.1 Mavericks solved

Having tried for 3 day to upgrade from MC 5.5.3 to MC 7.0.3, I've finally figured out why the 7.0.3 included uninstaller did not work.

Each time I tried to run the uninstaller I received an error message that the file was damaged and could not be opened. I tried downloading it again incase there was an issue with the file, but same error message

I found that it was a security issue.

According to the help menu, the message "The app has been modified or damaged" it says:

Some apps and tools, such as AppleScript applications and some legacy tools, modify themselves after signing. These types of apps cannot be opened unless the Gatekeeper setting in Security & Privacy preferences is set to Anywhere.

This I did and it allowed me to run the uninstaller.. Yahoo.

2013 MacPro 10.12.3 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, iMac 27 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, Anyone want to buy a useless Nitris DX then! [view my complete system specs]

Big Hat

(All Hat, No Cattle)
    Mac Pro 2013

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jan 12 2014 4:45 PM In reply to

Re: Uninstall issue in 10.9.1 Mavericks solved

Yes gatekeep is very agressive in preventing apps running correctly.

I'd be tempted to turn it off when do installs and un-installs.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller