Latest post Fri, Sep 20 2013 2:05 AM by natski. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:44 PM

• natski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 12 2013
    • Posts 10
    • Points 140

Error exporting to QT

I'm having lots of trouble exporting to Quick Time.  Whether it's a QT Reference File or a Quick Time file, I get the message "Error - file or directory could not be found".  I have mixed down both my autio and video tracks (and I've tried several video codecs, none work).  I'm using 'Same as Source' 'Avid Codecs' 16:9 frame size.  

I've been working on outputting this most of the day - i'm out of ideas.  Can you help?

MacOSX Version 10.9.1 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Avid Media Composer Academic Edition 7.0.3 Quick Time Pro 7 version 7.6.6 (QT version 7.7.1) [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 13 2013 2:55 AM In reply to

Re: Error exporting to QT

Where are you trying to save it?  Seems like you don't have the proper permissions set on he destination

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Fri, Sep 20 2013 2:05 AM In reply to

• natski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 12 2013
    • Posts 10
    • Points 140

Re: Error exporting to QT

I'm trying to save it on an external 4TB GDrive.  There is plenty of room in there (1.7TB left) .  Not sure how to 'set permissions' other than mapping it in media capture.  Is that what you meant?   Or did you mean formatting the drive a special way?  I am also having trouble importing QT's to this drive, though not to my 2TB GRaid drive, or two 500GB LaCie drives.

Thank you in advance for your help.  I really appreciate it. 

MacOSX Version 10.9.1 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Avid Media Composer Academic Edition 7.0.3 Quick Time Pro 7 version 7.6.6 (QT version 7.7.1) [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller