Latest post Thu, Sep 26 2013 5:53 PM by dugmoore. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:11 PM

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 7 2011
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

Red and MC 5 - Audio and EDL questions

I'm working on a  Red camera project, shot at 4K, separate audio. On some days the camera had audio recording on one track in addition to the 2 to 4 channels of external audio.

Situation 1: I was told that when I auto-sync I need to take make subclips of the Red footage to remove the audio that came with the file. After that I can auto-sync the files. Apparently there can be online issues if I just overwrite the audio on the red footage with the external audio.

Situation 2: I was also told that I should not add tape names to the empty fields in bins, as this can cause significant EDL issues.

Is the above information accurate? It seems to fall into the category of "strange but maybe it's true" but I'm not sure.

I can't seem to find anything on this on the internet. We are supposed to online in Smoke after color correcting in Davinci. This Red file workflow is a big learning curve for me.

Cheers.

• Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:05 PM In reply to

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

Re: Red and MC 5 - Audio and EDL questions

I ran a test today on the audio, and did a quick 10920x1080p online. All went well, so I guess that situation # 1 was bogus. I will give an update when I do the real online.

I'm a bit nervous about about changing the tape names on a long sequence then marching off to the online. I'm going to hold off on changing the tape names, but will report back what I find if I do.

Cheers

• Thu, Sep 26 2013 5:53 PM In reply to

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

Re: Red and MC 5 - Audio and EDL questions

I just wanted to post back that adding tape names to the original fields did nthing to change the color correction process. Once again when in doubt, go run a test to see what works.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller