Latest post Sun, Sep 15 2013 3:43 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:05 PM

• tvshrine
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 109
    • Points 1,575

Can there be a "bug" forum?

I have issues with serveral bugs that have been around for multiple software versions.  I wish there was just a bug posting forum where you could post bugs and as new software versions are released it could post if those bugs have been fixed.  I've called about some bugs but they want to spend half a day with you on the phone trying things you've already tried to make sure it's a bug.  "ain't nobody got time for dat!"  Trying to get a bug escalated is a longer process than the Vatican confirming a miracle.  I know that some threads have bugs listed but it's more tedious to find them that way.  THe search tool isn't much help either. 

AVID newscutter Nitris DX 10.0.327 HPxw8600 BCC 8 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:29 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,570
    • Points 255,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Can there be a "bug" forum?

TVshrine

We have considered this BUT decided against it as the rub here is not everyone on the community behaves and acts in the same manner and isolated the issue, provided the proper amount of information so we can reproduce the issue etc...

So it isnt posible or I would spend my life tracking down issues of which many wouldnt even be bugs.

We ask that uoi post your issues to the forum specific to the product and the moderators will run it to ground and escalate if necessary.

Marianna 

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:50 PM In reply to

• tvshrine
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 109
    • Points 1,575

BUt at least it would separate it out from the general "How do I do such and such"  or "where's my upgrade" posts

AVID newscutter Nitris DX 10.0.327 HPxw8600 BCC 8 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:31 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,570
    • Points 255,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

that is what the moderators help to do.

You have 2 options.

1.  call support and a tech will log the issue - but that requires you buy a contract

2.  Post and indicate you think it is a bug and a moderator on that forum will assist and if several people are affected will escalate it

Marianna 

• Sun, Sep 15 2013 12:20 AM In reply to

• tvshrine
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 109
    • Points 1,575

1. I have a contract.  Like I mentioned in the first post it takes for-ev-er to go through the techs testing proccess. Often it ends with "let me try some things and I'll get back with you".  By the time that happens I have work to do and can't spend half a day on the phone with someone who has ideas like "I have a mouse at home that might work, let me play with that tonight" (regarding mouse button assignments no longer working)

2. I have posted and have never had any luck getting a moderator to escalate bugs, I might get a few sugestions that don't work, I say they don't work and that's where it ends. (and other poeple have the same problem (IE mouse button)

Not that I haven't gotten useful answers and fixes for some problems from the forum, I have.

BY the time I have time to get back to the phone or forum on an issue often the next version of software is out and I hesitate to post about something possibly fixed on the newest version.  (Hence the seperate bugs/bugs fixed forum idea)

I get that it probably looks bad for a company to have a forum where people write about things that are wrong with the companies product, and is basically labeled as such if you use the word bugs, I just think it would be helpful.

thanks

• Sun, Sep 15 2013 3:43 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,570
    • Points 255,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

TV

1.  can you email me directly as I want to look at the cases you have had created by support.....  so I need your name/email etc.  I will see what the heck is going on with support.

2.  The moderators should escalate and many times they do but dont post it.  I will make sure that every escalation I get from them from now on - has a note on the thread so you know which has and hasnt been escalated.  Fair?

3.  The point of the forum is to let you post the good the bad and the ugly.... we have never encouraged people to not post when things go wrong.  Bug is a strong word - yes - but if something is determined to BE a BUG then use it - we do.

standing by for your email./

Marianna

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller