Latest post Mon, May 27 2013 8:15 AM by Tomcir. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 21 2013 11:03 AM

• Tomcir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 8 2011
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 19
    • Points 205

decompose doesn't decompose

I'm working on Symphony 6.52 and i'm willing to decompose a sequence edited with P2 clips ingested in the AvidMediaFiles. The decompose function creates masterclips the same lengh as the original. I'm i doing something wrong or is it a malfunction?

If someone know, thanx.

Tomcir

Media Composer v7.0.4 | Win 7-i7 | 16 Go RAM | [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 21 2013 2:03 PM In reply to

Re: decompose doesn't decompose

Can I first ask why you want to decompose your sequence?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, May 22 2013 9:27 AM In reply to

• Tomcir
    • Not Ranked
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 19
    • Points 205

I use decompose to create pull list, when working in multicam. I work offline first and after i conform the edited sequence with the orignal media using the decompose.

I had a project with red scarlett clips (17 takes) that i've synchronised and edit in MC 5.5. after a render in Redcinex in dnx36. When my edit was finished i decomposed my sequence, send a pulllist via EDL to redcineX and export only the mounted materiel in better resolution (185x). It worked very well.

Decompose in this version seams not working the same way, or is it because of the p2 media?

Thanx,

Tomcir

• Mon, May 27 2013 8:15 AM In reply to

• Tomcir
    • Not Ranked
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 19
    • Points 205

I really need an answer to my question, please. I will have several project comming up soon and i need to know how decompose work in 6.5.

thanx.

Tomcir

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller