Latest post Wed, Nov 13 2019 2:08 AM by marceqb. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 17 2013 5:57 PM

Exception: std::exception, what: AVCHD Reader : 8000ffff?

Can someone help me get past this error?

Exception: std::exception, what: AVCHD Reader : 8000ffff

But, first, here is what happened.

I shot on three Panasonic HMC-80 cams and then moved the files off of the SD cards onto the storage drive. Because it takes too long to ingest these files I linked to them via the AVCHD AMA option (I do not enjoy editing like this because I cannot see the audio waves though). When I put the clips in the timeline and play them I get this error:

Exception: std::exception, what: AVCHD Reader : 8000ffff

What did I do wrong and what can I do to fix this? Project due yesterday!

Machine 1: Custom 3.3GHz Intel Xeon E31245 QuadCore (8 threads, HyperThreading enabled) 16GB RAM (1666MHz) (set to 1600mHz) 2TB 7200rpm system drive (1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 18 2013 1:41 PM In reply to

Re: Exception: std::exception, what: AVCHD Reader : 8000ffff?

Sounds like you don't have the right codec installed to play AVCHD. Panasonic ahs a website where you can download the plugins. Also a better workflow is after copying the private folder with the AVCHD files, open Avid and AMA link to the folder, the files will show up in the bin. Then transcode them right away, don't try to edit the raw AVCHD files. That's how I do it anyway. You can also transcode them with the Mainconcept Transcoder. Use to be free but I have lost the link to it. Maybe someone on the forum has it.

Greg

HP Z800- 2 Xeon Quad Core Processors 2.93 GHZ,24 GB Ram, 2 X 1TB 7.2 RPM sata internal drives, Windows 7, sp1, 64-bit Avid MC 7.0.2 - Matrox Mini-02,NVidia... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 18 2013 3:19 PM In reply to

Thank you, Greg. I will do as you have suggested and tell you how it turns out. I'm going to have to see how to do this whit three cameras. They all build files exactly alike so if I copy these files... Wait. If I rename the "private" folders so that I can ID the cameras (as well as keep Windows from merging them) will this change anything?

Machine 1: Custom 3.3GHz Intel Xeon E31245 QuadCore (8 threads, HyperThreading enabled) 16GB RAM (1666MHz) (set to 1600mHz) 2TB 7200rpm system drive (1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 18 2013 3:55 PM In reply to

Yes, do not rename any of the folders or folder structure. You can either create a folder name it camera 1 and put the private folder in it for storage. When you AMA link to the volume, select private folder inside of the named folder. Also once the files are in the bin I select them all and transcode, then I move the transcoded clips which will have the same name but say new to a new bin I label Camera 1, etc..

Hope that helps, Greg

HP Z800- 2 Xeon Quad Core Processors 2.93 GHZ,24 GB Ram, 2 X 1TB 7.2 RPM sata internal drives, Windows 7, sp1, 64-bit Avid MC 7.0.2 - Matrox Mini-02,NVidia... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 13 2019 2:08 AM In reply to

• marceqb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 13 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

I had the same problem and I solved it by removing all the audio fades that I had in the cuts of the sequence and there I could just do an audio mixdown and export..

Bye ...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller