Latest post Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:19 PM by Larry Rubin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:43 PM

• Airbum
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 30 2012
    • Posts 32
    • Points 440

Quick Transitions - Change Duration For Dip To Color

The problem I have right now with Dip to Color is that it dips to color and it quickly dips back out.  If I want to stay black longer, is there a way I can do that easily?  Changing the duration only changes how fast it takes to fade to black and to fade out of black, but it doesn't change how long it stays black.

The way I am doing it now is 1) Fade to Color 2)Add Filler 3) Fade from Color.  It's a pretty tedious process just to prolong the black.  Just wondering if there's a quicker and easier way of doing this.

• Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:06 PM In reply to

Re: Quick Transitions - Change Duration For Dip To Color

A "Dip to Color" is just that...a dip.  Meaning 1 frame of actually being in color; there's no way to extend that.

You discovered the way to accomplish what you are doing: place an element of black (or filler) and dissolve to it and from it, and make the length of the black as long as you want.

Depending on what you have underneath, your use of the Fade to/from Color may not be necessary.  Another trick is to have a clip of black (not filler, but a still of black) handy; drop that in, then you just need to do regular dissolves instead of Fade to/from Color.

HTH

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:19 PM In reply to

Re: Quick Transitions - Change Duration For Dip To Color

The only other way I see is to open the dip to color in the main effects editor, add 2 keyframes and adjust opacity on those keyframes (2 of 4 and 3 of 4) to 50. Those two keyframes will then be black. The duration between the two "black" keyframes (2 of 4 and 3 of 4) is the hold. The duration between the start keyframe and KF2 is the outgoing fade rate and duration between KF 3 and the end keyframe is the incoming fade rate.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller