Latest post Wed, May 30 2012 9:41 PM by Larry Rubin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 30 2012 8:28 PM

• Natisyahu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 8 2012
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,130

Export Avid user profile?

I want to export the settings of my Avid user profile. I'm moving to a different Avid for a different job and don't want to remake my keyboard. 

How to?

• Wed, May 30 2012 8:44 PM In reply to

Re: Export Avid user profile?

You can copy your specific .avs file from the "Avid Users" folder, but unless the computer you're going to has the EXACT same version of Composer, you really should rebuild your profile from scratch, especially if the 2nd computer has a newer version than yours. There are always enough differences in parameters and some new parameters that will make carrying over an existing profile problematic at best.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, May 30 2012 9:31 PM In reply to

• Natisyahu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 8 2012
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,130

Hmm I'm going to MC6 from 5.5

I'll remake it. Thanks for the advice!

• Wed, May 30 2012 9:41 PM In reply to

You're quite welcome, and in this case you are definitely doing the right thing.Yes

In fact, with every major version upgrade, (X.0 and X.5) you should always do a fresh rebuild of your profile.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller