Latest post Thu, May 31 2012 1:22 AM by Larry Rubin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 29 2012 7:52 PM

Consolidating Media Composer files.

I have MC Ver. 5.0.1 video files spread over several hard drives. I would like to move these files onto an new large hard drive so that MC can access them in a more simple manner.

I have attempted using the Attic folder and following the method outlined for retrieving files. This simply gave the message that the imported file was not compatiable. I am a loss as to why that would be.

Is there a straight forward method to ID the correct files to move for a project and then move them to the proper location on the new hard drive then have MC recognize them and continue work?

Thanks,

DWD

Thermal Advantage Case – APEVIA (ASP) |CASEX-CRUISER-BK Power Supply - PSU ANTEC|TP3-650 Watt RAM Memory - MEM 1Gx2|CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400 Intel Core... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 29 2012 9:07 PM In reply to

Re: Consolidating Media Composer files.

If you're working on a PC, you can use a freeware program called MDV. It is capable of clustering Avid media files by project at the folder level. This program is currently not available for Mac.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, May 31 2012 1:12 AM In reply to

Larry,

Thanks for the software download information. I did the download and install in my PC. It took me a while to learn to run the software and then I tried it on one of my projects that needed moved. I am happy to report that it worked as advertised.

The only problem I have with the result is that the project cantained several 3D PIP effects that now no longer work. The PIP is there and shown but the video for that part is a black screen. I haven't found the cause of the problem with them but other than that all is intact.

I would have never found that MDV software without you assistance.

Thanks,

Dennis

Thermal Advantage Case – APEVIA (ASP) |CASEX-CRUISER-BK Power Supply - PSU ANTEC|TP3-650 Watt RAM Memory - MEM 1Gx2|CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400 Intel Core... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 31 2012 1:22 AM In reply to

You're quite welcome, Dennis. Glad to help out.

Regarding your PIP problem, check and make sure "render on the fly" is active, both from the Special pulldown menu and under the "features" tab of your trim user settings.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller