Latest post Mon, May 11 2020 4:52 AM by Maniavid. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 30 2011 5:36 AM

Better transitions in MC6?

Is there somewhere I can look for better transitions in MC6?  Something more edgy and modern?

I know the list of transitions in MC6, but they seem to be for the most part same old wipes, pushes, etc.

Does Avid FX have stock transitions you can use, or is it just deisigned for creating your own?  I don't want to spend time creating them... just looking for something like the Cross Zoom effect in (dare I say) iMovie.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Fri, Dec 30 2011 5:44 AM In reply to

Re: Better transitions in MC6?

Or is that what Boris FX is for?

• Fri, Dec 30 2011 6:41 AM In reply to

You can use Avid FX (Boris FX) or Avid FX Transitions (inside that look under Filters FEC transitions) Have not looked at them myself so no idea if they are what you are looking for.

• Fri, Dec 30 2011 8:20 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

You can also go to library in Avid Fx and take a look, maybe " generate thumbnails " to have a closer look, it at least a couple of hundreds to select between, maybe more

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Dec 30 2011 4:06 PM In reply to

As Tomas said - go to the AvidFx library and save any transitions from presets you need to your bin for the future use.

I've created "FX bin" and always use it in my projects...

MC_SY_DNxIO 2019.12 with dongle, BM 10.11.3.0, MC Transport 2019.12 , W10PRO_64, QT 7.7.9, Boris Red 5.6, BCC 2020 Multihost, AAE CS6, HP Z8G4 workstation... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 30 2011 4:59 PM In reply to

JoelBelmont:
    Is there somewhere I can look for better transitions in MC6?  Something more edgy and modern?

I know the list of transitions in MC6, but they seem to be for the most part same old wipes, pushes, etc.

Does Avid FX have stock transitions you can use

Yes, you can find them in the AvidFX Library Browser. I just made a screencapture movie with voiceover showing it here ;

http://www.borisfxresources.com/AvidForum/AvidFXtransitions01/AvidFXtransitions01.html

JoelBelmont:
    just looking for something like the Cross Zoom effect in (dare I say) iMovie.

I did a google search on that (iMovie Cross Zoom) and attempted to make something like what I found and it's included among the 2 dozen AvidFX transitions found in the MC6 bin posted here ;

http://www.borisfxresources.com/AvidForum/AvidFXtransitions.zip

—————— Dirk de Jong BorisFX

• Fri, Dec 30 2011 7:36 PM In reply to

apparently there's currently some kind of problem with the borisfx server I posted those files on so I've also posted them someplace else for now since the office is closed and so that server might not get rebooted till Tuesday... here's the screencap movie and the zip containing the Avid bin of transitions (same files as previously posted on the other server)

http://www.clickscape.net/AvidFXtransitions01/AvidFXtransitions01.html

http://www.clickscape.net/AvidFXtransitions.zip

Dirk de Jong:

JoelBelmont:

Does Avid FX have stock transitions you can use

Yes, you can find them in the AvidFX Library Browser. I just made a screencapture movie with voiceover showing it here ;

http://www.borisfxresources.com/AvidForum/AvidFXtransitions01/AvidFXtransitions01.html

JoelBelmont:
    just looking for something like the Cross Zoom effect in (dare I say) iMovie.

I did a google search on that (iMovie Cross Zoom) and attempted to make something like what I found and it's included among the 2 dozen AvidFX transitions found in the MC6 bin posted here ;

http://www.borisfxresources.com/AvidForum/AvidFXtransitions.zip

—————— Dirk de Jong BorisFX

• Fri, Dec 30 2011 7:45 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

Nice done as usual Dirk, have a great ending of 2011 and a great start of 2012

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Sat, Dec 31 2011 12:02 PM In reply to

Very good transitions.

But it would save a lot of time when editing Avid FX transition to guide you directly to the library.

Happy New Year.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(442.92)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x1TB Crucial MX500@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2020.6 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Sat, Dec 31 2011 4:43 PM In reply to

Dirk,

What you posted is REALLY helpful - thanks so much.

I feel like graphics is a whole different world... one I don't have time to thoroughly learn, and I'm grateful to learn shortcuts.

• Sat, Dec 31 2011 7:31 PM In reply to

Dirk,

Quick question.  Is there a batch way to bring the Library of transition effects in Avid FX into a Quick Transion bin for ease of use, or does each one have to be opened, applied, and then renamed?

Thanks.

• Sat, Dec 31 2011 7:51 PM In reply to

Also - thanks a ton for making a Quick Transitions Bin... awesome!

• Sat, Dec 31 2011 8:26 PM In reply to

One last question... there is no way to do a quick preview of a transition in Avid, correct?  I'm guessing opening the effect in the interface is the best way, outside of just rendering the effect?

• Wed, Mar 14 2012 4:47 AM In reply to

Great tutorial and nice free presets, thanks Dirk.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Mon, May 11 2020 4:52 AM In reply to

• Maniavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 16 2010
    • Posts 26
    • Points 270

Hey Joel, a very late answer but for anyone who still needs it, checkout this website, I think they have what you need https://fxsyndrome.io

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller