Latest post Mon, Oct 24 2005 8:30 PM by GusC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 23 2005 11:19 AM

• No. 6
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • The Village
    • Posts 49
    • Points 735

Symphony/Nitris on Unity

I love Unity, it allow the assistants to do everything in the background but when it comes to playouts I am a little anxious and always to them in the suite. I edit on Symphony 5.1.1 and the digitize station is an Adrenaline 1.6.

I have seen the  option render to Media station. But in practice how does it work? If I  have to render all my realtime effects such as Ultimattes/ Pan and Scans etc, is there any benefit to this workflow?

Am I best of leaving them to do OMFS/AFES/AAF/EDLS etc as well as digitizing but keep the playouts in the suite?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

TBD

ZX Spectrum 16K with MicroDrives and Cheetah speech Synthesiser, running Xpress Pro 6 [view my complete system specs]
    Who is no. 1?
  • Mon, Oct 24 2005 8:30 PM In reply to

• GusC
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 531
    • Points 6,565

Re: Symphony/Nitris on Unity

I have wondered the same thing about rendering to Media Station.  On DS I'm spoiled by being able to farm out renders and keep working, but on the Symphony it seems as if I have to stop and render.  Sometimes if another bay is available we'll render stuff on another Symphony in there.

As far as playouts, if it's a final version I will always always always be there to watch it down.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller