Latest post Wed, Dec 7 2011 2:17 AM by Pixel Monkey. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 4 2011 1:57 AM

Avid Newscutter auto-creating a "DATA" bin

We have six edit bays all running Newscutter v.8.0.3 on an isis system.  Since this monday whenever the application is launched and a project is opened a pop up appears that reads "no files found on V:" and a bin titled "DATA" is created.  My hunch was that we have a drive on our network mapped to V: that is our VizRT effects drive and thought could be causing it but again, only a hunch.  Not sure why these keep popping up.  Thanks for your time.

Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Dec 7 2011 2:17 AM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,275
    • Points 16,240
    • !Avid Customer Advocate
      ForumsAdministrator
      Moderator: SSAI PHAI
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid Newscutter auto-creating a "DATA" bin

Sorry just saw this today. It also could mean someone was either trying to consolidate to an external drive and unplugged it mid-process, or the reverse - someone pulled out a drive while importing or accessing via AMA. If you look visually confirm no drives are plugged in called "V:" but keep getting the message, then plug in a flash drive, go to My Computer/Manage and reassign this drive to V: Then in Newscutter, save a title to it. Then Safely remove hardware and you should be all set. It's a goofy workaround, but it has worked for me in the past. If it still gives you issues, please post back, thanks!
    Many systems. Windows 7, Windows 10, and all flavors of macOS. Juts assume I'm running everything ;) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: @heybove   Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)   WWND (What Would Norman Do?)   #AllisWell

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller