Latest post Tue, Sep 20 2011 9:17 PM by AndrewAction. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 20 2011 7:56 PM

• Briannils
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 29 2009
    • Posts 23
    • Points 285

AAF export issues - Empty tracks

I am exporting AAFs for a show, and for some reason, two tracks are showing up as empty. I have 20 total audio tracks in a seqence, and when I export, all but A1 and A2 come out fine. When I have isolated those two tracks and exported, they are still empty. I have consolidated the media to a new drive, and done an AAF that way. I have cut the audio into a new sequence, still nothing. My sound editor tells me that it's not like some of the cases I have read about where the media just shifts down the timeline for some reason, the AAF is actually empty.

Anyone dealt with something like this?

Media composer 5.0.3.7 is what I am using

• Tue, Sep 20 2011 9:17 PM In reply to

Re: AAF export issues - Empty tracks

In the interest of getting a sucessful export I would create a new audio only timeline with 4 audio tracks. These tracks should all be mono or stereo depending on which your initial problem timelines A1 and A2 are at present.

Make sure the new timelines timecode is the same as your existing timeline.

Edit A1 and A2 to A3 and A4 respectively.

Consolidate the new timeline (with handles)  turning on all the audio parameters and selecting the the file type, bit rate, sample depth parameters etc to your Audio mans Protools session setup.

Then make an embedded AAF.  Check the AAF's size, anything over 2mb's should mean you have audio with the file.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller