Latest post Sun, May 31 2020 12:16 PM by Adman. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 21 2011 6:16 PM

Marquee can't read .tmp file

All,

I have a user who can't use the Marquee title tool on one of our Avids.  It keeps giving him the error message: "Can't read .tmp file" and then goes away.  I can't seem to find anything in the knowledge base, do any of you have a clue as to where I would start to solve this?  Other uses can get into Marquee just fine.  It's only him.

Thanks in advance.

George

(2) Avid Media Composer 6.5.5, Nitris DX, HP z800, 16 Gb of ram, 2 Tb internal storage, 2.5 Tb Avid VideoRaid external storage. Avid Isis 5000 with 12... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 21 2011 6:53 PM In reply to

Re: Marquee can't read .tmp file

Hi,

If you create a new user on the system does the problem persist?  Maybe his user settings are corrupt.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Aug 21 2011 8:37 PM In reply to

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes, I deleted his user and created a new user on the system, both in the OS and let Avid create a new user when he logged in.  Still the same error message.  What baffles me is that the .tmp files in everyone's profile, etc. look the same?  I'm not sure what Marquee can't read.

(2) Avid Media Composer 6.5.5, Nitris DX, HP z800, 16 Gb of ram, 2 Tb internal storage, 2.5 Tb Avid VideoRaid external storage. Avid Isis 5000 with 12... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 21 2011 8:51 PM In reply to

Is this a shared storage work environment?..... Disconnect the shared storage and test

Can you delete the.tmp files and try again?

My last resort...reinstall Avid on that workstation?

• Sun, May 31 2020 11:49 AM In reply to

Hi George... did you ever find a solution to the "Cannot Read tmpfile" issue? Even when I replece the mssing file...AVID deletes it when I launch Marquee Tool?????????

Regards

Matt

• Sun, May 31 2020 12:16 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,432
    • Points 61,250
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Thanks for posting Matt, but George hasn't been active since 2014. Hopefully someone will chime in though... what are your system specs and software version?

Mac Pro, 64GB Ram. 1TB SSD system drive, 250Gb SSD external (media) drive. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.12.1. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller