Latest post Wed, Jun 22 2011 4:01 PM by Ondrej Azor. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 22 2011 9:05 AM

• Ondrej Azor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 21 2011
    • Slovenská republika
    • Posts 48
    • Points 610

Confused [*-)] Deactivation help (MC upgrade)

Anyone from AVID can help, please?

My problem is that I reinstalled all 5 edit rooms (switch from XP to Win7 and upgrade from MC3.5 to MC5.5) and while all three dongle systems upgraded without a problem, two remaining (SW activated) are not able to upgrade. I didn't know I have to deactivate even if upgrading on the same system/PC (is it so that XP and Win7 generate different Avid Machine ID?).

I tried to talk to Avid Support on the phone and they told me thay deactivated both licences, but I still get the same error: "system id provided is not authorized to upgrade to this version...".

Can you please help me? What shall be my next step? Those installations work on trial at the moment, so I hope to find a solution until the trial expires. I can send System IDs and all required info (original 3.5 serials, 5.5 upgrade serials, Avid Machinde IDs).

Thank you :)

Ondrej, STUDIO 727

DNxIO w. MC2018.11 on HP z820 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 22 2011 9:18 AM In reply to

Re: Deactivation help (MC upgrade)

Fastest solution will be via your local Avid support route:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact#video

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Wed, Jun 22 2011 9:27 AM In reply to

• Ondrej Azor
    • Not Ranked
    • Slovenská republika
    • Posts 48
    • Points 610

I tried to call tu UK office, they switched me to SW development (?!) twice - surely they have nothing to do with deactivation, so no luck there ("Third time the charm" didn't seem like a good option...). I spoke to support in Germany then, I gave them the System IDs, they told me they deactivated and I shall be able to activate the upgraded version now (on reinstalled systems), but the error is still the same and both system seem like "not allowed to upgrade". I have no idea...

• Wed, Jun 22 2011 10:04 AM In reply to

Sorry I can't do more than point to Avid support.

I really hope Avid can manage to get a proper customer portal in place that will allow users to go online and manage their registered software online. The ability to see what licenses are active and on what machines and the ability to manage that direct would make the whole process so much more robust and less work for Avid.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Wed, Jun 22 2011 10:17 AM In reply to

• Ondrej Azor
    • Not Ranked
    • Slovenská republika
    • Posts 48
    • Points 610

I am used to manage all thing properly (keep everything safe and organized), so it was not that painfull with the upgrade of 5 MC systems, but you are absolutely right, that current scheme, where you cannot manage all your registrationg in one place is completely ridiculous :( One thing I don't understand at all is that AVID has web page especially for activation but there is NO page for deactivation! Why? They point you to the support, which (at least in this case) does nothing that solves the situation...

• Wed, Jun 22 2011 4:01 PM In reply to

• Ondrej Azor
    • Not Ranked
    • Slovenská republika
    • Posts 48
    • Points 610

Solved.

Bad serial numbers (have no idea why...). Works now, thanks to Gregory Anderson from Avid :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller