Latest post Mon, Feb 28 2011 6:08 PM by addinski. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 28 2011 4:44 PM

• Marc Wiltshire
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 5 2010
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Failure to activate

Recently my Hard Drive crashed and needed to be replaced.  When my Mac was returned, everything was as it should be except that my AVID Media Composer 5 can no longer open as usual.  It prompts me to activate my software.  When I try to do this "Using this computer's internet cinnection" a window pops up stating "Your AVID Media Composer is already registered."  I click OK, and an alert window pops up stating "KCAV:  ACTIVATION CODE VALIDATION FAILED."

Can anyone tell me what I can do to get my AVID back up and running?  I do not have technical support, but would rather not have to pay a fee to simply gain access to my AVID again.

Thank you,

Marc

Media Composer v7.0.4.4 (Interplay Edition) OS 10.10.5 Mac Pro (Late 2013) Processor: 3.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 Memory: 64GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 28 2011 4:49 PM In reply to

Re: Failure to activate

Hi Marc,

First check here: www.avid.com/go and see if any of the FAQ helps.  If not, call Avid in your region and select option 2.  There is no charge for help with activation issues.  If that doesn't help, email Todd Smelser at Avid (todd.smelser@avid.com).

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 4:52 PM In reply to

It will be great if Avid are able to create a secure login (as they already have) that allows users to manage their activations.

Imagine how much easier it would be to log in to a control panel that shows your registered licenses and the machines they are activated against. You could remove activations and re-assign them.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 5:05 PM In reply to

Avid is working on developing a weblink that will allow users to deactivate their license themselves. No timetable on that, however.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 6:08 PM In reply to

• addinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Erfurt, Germany
    • Posts 193
    • Points 2,330

Check the knowledge base article:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=262843

Good luck.

andre.

MAC OS X 10.11.6 AVID MC 2018.3 + Avid Mbox Pro 3 MACBOOKPRO 15" Retina, i7 2.66 GHz Quadcore, 16GB Ram Dell UltraSharp U2711 Sony FS5 & Alpha... [view my complete system specs]

Honestly I hate editing.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller