Latest post Mon, Feb 28 2011 1:44 PM by ruben.garcia@usc.es. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 28 2011 11:42 AM

Exporting timeline information

HI

I am new in this forum so please forgive me if I am puting this wrong

I am trying to export the information contained in the timeline (clipnames, duration, etc) to a txt file, but the only option I get is to export it as a XPS file (prnit timeline, print to file, xps). Whn I open the xps file using internet explorer, I get many pages, ones correctly displayed but many others just blank pages with misssing information

Any hints?
    Thanks in advance

Ruben

ruben.garcia@usc,es

Filed under:
  • Mon, Feb 28 2011 11:48 AM In reply to

Re: Exporting timeline information

Is an EDL export easier?

The XPS print will contain lots of otehr print info and I suspect that's getting in the way.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 11:50 AM In reply to

Thanks pAt

So, How can I export an edl? I need that the EDL exported contain information on CLIP DURATION

;)

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 12:26 PM In reply to

Hi Ruben,

Just to make sure we give you the right information, what version of what Avid product are you using?

ciao,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 1:26 PM In reply to

M.c 5

When I try to do the same with the edl manager, I do not get the information of the names of the clips nor the duration of every clip in every tracnk, with it is what I need

Thanks

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 1:37 PM In reply to

Hi Ruben,

You might be able to get what you need with the Sequence Report.  Have a look at this article or look for it in the manual or online help for more details:

http://community.avid.com/blogs/training/archive/2008/10/20/run-reports-on-your-metadata-in-media-composer-3-0-5.aspx

The post refers to 3.0.5, but it ought to point you in the right direction for MC5.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 1:44 PM In reply to

Many THanks CArl,

I will try the Seqeunce Report

Regards

;)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller