Latest post Sun, Jun 19 2011 7:27 AM by hatepop. 36 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 27 2011 5:17 PM

No Video playback in the Composer window, but the audio works

I have media composer 5.0.3.2 and everything works very fast. just the video doesn't run.

my system specs:

pentium 2200 mhz dual core

memory-4gb ddr2 800mhz

graphic card-nvidia quadro 580

system:windows 7 64 bit

• Sun, Feb 27 2011 5:35 PM In reply to

Re: No Video playback in the Composer window, but the audio works

Are you running the correct QT version and graphics card driver version? Check this version matrix for details.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 5:48 AM In reply to

I installed both driver and quicktime'it still does not play

my system specs: pentium 2200 mhz dual core memory-4gb ddr2 800mhz graphic card-nvidia quadro 580 system:windows 7 64 bit

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 5:52 AM In reply to

Which version of each?

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:27 AM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 28 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Hi,

on what resolution and codec are you working?  Do you have any i/o-Box? Is there black or still picture? Can you scrub?

Best regards,

Kristina

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 28 2011 9:36 AM In reply to

Hi, thanks for the replies. I installed driver version 190.38 QT version 7.6.6

my screen resolution is 1920X1080,is that what you mean?

where do I check about the codec?

I dont have i/o-Box.

there is a still picture.

if you mean by scrub-taking the movie back and forth, then yes I can do it very easily.

my system specs:

pentium 2200 mhz dual core

memory-4gb ddr2 800mhz

graphic card-nvidia quadro 580

system:windows 7 64 bit

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 4:59 PM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Hi,

no I meant your video clip resolution, are you working in SD, HD, 720, 1080, i or p project?

Also the video codec is interesting when you have performance issues. If you don´t know which codec you are working on you could look it up in your bin (make sure video is switched on in your columns) or in the timeline (fast menu -> clip text -> clip resolutions has to be turned on)

Have you tried it with a different videoclip with different codec/resolution?

Most of such problems are with quicktime version/videocard driver. Did you installed the driver from the avid utilities folder on c drive?

Best regards,

Kristina

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 28 2011 5:51 PM In reply to

• DFW Hokie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Plano, TX
    • Posts 272
    • Points 3,655

Did you apply an effect?

Because a black screen with audio is what you get until that effect has been rendered.
    You can scrub through, but not playback.

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 5:59 PM In reply to

dfwhokie:

Did you apply an effect?

Because a black screen with audio is what you get until that effect has been rendered.
    You can scrub through, but not playback.

That is true for blue dot effects, which must be rendered for realtime playback, but not for green dot effects, which will play unrendered in real time.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 6:04 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

Render-on-the-fly might have to be enabled

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 6:13 PM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Unfortunately it seems that there is no black picture

"there is a still picture"

Best regards,

Kristina

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:05 PM In reply to

So if you load a clip into the source monitor you see a still frame.

If you drage the position indicator along the frame updates.

If you click play the frame freezes until you stop play and then it updates to the current parked frame?

Is that correct?

Sounds like a vieo overlay issue. Is your composer window home'd properly? when you start play does the window flash a white line round the outside a few times first?

Are yu sure there are no otehr windows touching or overlaying the playback window.

Has the system ever played back video correctly?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:05 PM In reply to

Most of my movies are 720p  but also low resolution movies does'nt  run.

I think my codec is DNxHD HD(720p).

I downloaded the driver from the Internet, I'l try also those in the Avid directory

thnx

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:20 PM In reply to

Pat Horridge:

So if you load a clip into the source monitor you see a still frame.

If you drage the position indicator along the frame updates.

If you click play the frame freezes until you stop play and then it updates to the current parked frame?

If this is indeed what is happening, it is almost always attributable to either an unqualified graphics card, an incorrect graphics card driver version, or both. Use one of the driver versions that you'll find in the utilities folder, if you are not already.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:35 PM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Just to summarize the suggestions:

Have you tried resizing the source/record window to smaller size?

Do you see flashing white border around source/record window when you hit the play button?

Did your system ever played video before?

You could try to deinstall VGA driver and quicktime, reboot and make a clean install of both. Be sure to use the drivers in avid utilities folder for VGA.

Best regards,

Kristina

Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller